Potomac River - April 3 Report

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by pitbull, Apr 4, 2007.

1. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Was out for a few hours put 4 nice fish in the boat 15,24,27,33 not to bad for a new man at this. I will be out this weekend hope to see everyone out there having fun doing what we love to do .

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    And what day is this, Allen? Nov 5th? LOL

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    4 very nice sounding fish

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Allen This is April 4/5/07 now last august i will have to check back and see now i did that day. Maybe to many BEERS in the boat :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Allen,

Nice trip. What did you catch the fish on?

6. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Sorry BOYS IT WAS APRIL 3 Don't know why I put AUG?? Maybe to many beers TIM

7. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Bait used was large pieces of cut bait

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Allen just messing with you buddy was going to say old age but alot of us here have that troubles. Nice fish

9. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Tim what did u catch on Tuesday when u were out??? I am the one u talked to above the bridge

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    the two guys that was out from the cove just down from fox ferry? I have 2 25, 22, 21, 20 and 18 4 rockfish biggest on was 36lbs.

11. aplumma

aplumma New Member

State:
    Virginia
    They are calling rain/snow showers for Saturday I sure hope he is wrong. If he isn't good luck and good raingear.

Art

12. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Looks like you guys are doing great congrats

13. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    yea Tim thats me in the trihaul with the pvc rod holders. I am still learning about these big cats and how to catch them.

14. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Sorry I would have stop and talk alittle I was going to tell you to ove up alittle from where you was. There is a hole up there around 20 feet that i do real go at on incoming tide.

15. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Thanks Tim I will have to try there.

16. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    just off the fox ferry point where the rock piles go out there is a channel on the down river side that runs about 10 feet and runs back to the maryland side into a hole about 20 feet. I like to set up out on the flat around 5 to 8' and fish the channel into the hole on incoming tides. The tide will push bait fish up into the channel and I alway do very well up there. Plus the bass boats will run by you and roll the bottom up this can bring some big bite as well. Maybe I will see you there something and show you what I'm talking about. If you get there at low tide you will see the wall that runs out there. The channel starts about half way out there and runs back to that hole.

17. Rivercat09

Rivercat09 New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Tim,

Is that the hole right at Fox ferry where you can see the wood piles at low tide? The one where it's about 18 or so feet deep literally spitting distance from the exposed wooden piles? We've marked 18 to 20 feet there, and if it's what I think it is, it's one of our favorite holes.

Wow! I think I see what you mean about setting up right. With the incoming tide, it sounds like you are anchoring to the south of the piles in 5' to 8', and letting your bait drift upstream into the deep. I'll have to remember that, as we've historically anchored right on 18 to 20. What dummies we were!! Thanks again!!

18. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    You got it Don Set up out on the flat 5 to 8' and fish the along the channel that runs off to your right into the hole. I try to fish just off the deep part maybe half way up the channel edge. The fish will hold in the deep at low tides and start to move up ward as the tide move in. Now on out going I have set up in the deep hole and fish up around the top of the channel catching them moving back into the deeper water channels. Just try it next time and see if you don't see a big different in what you put out. Just CPR the big ones so they will always be their to have fun catching them for years to come

19. pitbull

pitbull New Member

State:
    maryland
    Tin u going to fish NE this week ? I am thinking about Tuesday ,Maybe we can get together out there and talk some big cat stories.:cool2:

20. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I WILL BE OUT ONE OR TWO DAYS THIS WEEK WILL POST WHEN I KNOW WHAT DAYS.