Potomac River 13 May, Report

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Bob R, May 13, 2007.

1. Bob R

Bob R New Member

State:
    Woodbridge, VA
    Braved the wind today with Mo. Left out of Leesylvania around 0730 and fished the outgoing tide. Managed a 22, 20 and a smaller channel cat. All fish were caught on the channel ledge in 25-30 feet of water. Mixed bucket of bait today consisting of shad, herring, white perch and sunfish. Its been slow for us the past couple of weeks, no big fish, hopefully that is due to the spawn and not our skill level. Also tried a spot down river around the Quantico marina with no luck.

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    I put 8 hours in the wind today lots of eaters one 18lber. I had to go south of fort washington to even set up. waves was around 2 feet at times but that good I will check them fish tomorrow with big george and copycat.

3. aplumma

aplumma New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Decided to work on the boat for awhile with a line in the water at the dock. Caught a few channels on dried, salted anchovies. You can pm me if you want to know were to buy them I posted the name yesterday and my thread was pulled or the computer ate it I am not sure which so I will keep this general.

Art

4. CaTFisH CUriOUs Dale

CaTFisH CUriOUs Dale New Member

State:
    maryland
    you guys seem like you had some nice catches yesterday althoug te wind was brutal in some areas.anywasi wanted to know if any of you know where i could catch fresh herring instead of uing frozen although it works i would ike to get some fresh bait or do you have any other suggstions for fresh bait.thank you for your time...

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    If your after the bigger cats forget the herring and get shad . cast net around most boat decks or the mouth of any feeder creek can bring shad in your net.Fresh live perch, Bluegills or cut eel also works great.

6. CaTFisH CUriOUs Dale

CaTFisH CUriOUs Dale New Member

State:
    maryland
    thank you for the help.do you have any suggestions for good spots on the shore to fish in maryland for big cats?

7. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Fort washington point around the light house is about the only place to get into the channel on the maryland side for day fish. With the heat of the days to come you will need to fish deeper waters.