Potomac Report 9-8/9-9

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by Billy Tucker, Sep 11, 2006.

1. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Fished friday and Sat night. Weed were bad where I wanted to fish. Managed to be able to fish enough just inside or outside the weed/trash lines and caught some decent fish. 39,35,24 the 1st night and a 35, 22, 18 2nd night were the top 3. Not many others, maybe 10 more under 12 lbs each night. Bait was tougher up river then down river. Right at High point for about 600 yards was loaded with cutter size gizzards. Cool seeing 100's of fish in the air from being spooked by the OB. It seem like the hard sand bottom really carries the sound as fish were spooking over 100 yards away where in the muck weedy area's it about 50 yards max. They were so thick it didnt matter a couple throws up in the 6' of water part we had our bait for the night. When will the weed situation get better? I am not use to fishing this time of year as I usally do my catfish in the winter and early spring when the weeds arent a problem?

2. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I'm busy but I'm finding a little time for fishing. Hope to see you out there soon. Later for now---jonnycat

3. Amigo108

Amigo108 New Member

State:
    Columbia, Maryland
    Looks like you had a good weekend!

4. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    not sure about the weeds,but sounds like a great weekend fishing.

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    ya i was out sunday morning and the weeds are very bad the full moon tides are just holding aree the weeds and trash up river, Lots of logs floating around so if you get out there watch for logs not all are on top as well i saw a big bass boat without a lower unit he found a nice log himself man i llove my jet hahaha

6. ears

ears New Member

State:
    *Required*
    Nice job on the fish, you're killing me it's been two weeks with one more to go without a day off.

The weeds dont usually get better until about december, they break up in the fall it's how they spread themselves. Incoming tide and fishing downriver are the best bets. Places like belvoir can almost be unfishable some times.

7. Bunker Dunkers

Bunker Dunkers New Member

State:
    College Park
    Great report. Sounds like you torn them up. Nice to be able find live bait so easilly.

We were over on the Anacostia Sunday morning and managed a 20 & a 17. That tide was really ripping for a while.
    http://users.erols.com/bwiest/0091006Anacostia2.jpg

Thanks for posting your catch.
    Bob