Potomac report 10/1/05

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Billy Tucker, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Fished Sat night. Big fish was 38 lbs next was 27, about 10 more in the 15 to 25 lb range and many under 10. Nice night and good company. Cant wait to do it again. Water had cooled down to 72 from the 80 it was 2 weeks ago. Thats a good thing as the big cat bite will start getting better durring the day.

2. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    way to go bill sounds like you guys had fun i will be headed down that way on thur, will let you know how it ends up. was they on cut bait last time i was out was very windy .

3. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    Cut and whole shad and bunker. Most of the shad and bunker were small around 5". Dink fish were real hard on them. We used probally 200 of them. Tim, I guess you fish a lot above pohick?? Just wandering what I am missing up there. I experiment around sometimes but end up at my old faithfull holes. I bet we have some of the same holes!!!Been fishing this river since 1976 and have seen a lot of change over the years. Some good and some bad. Take care and maybe we will see each other sometime on the river.

4. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Well Bill I Put On At The Airport There And Head Up River In Spring. From April ON I Will Be From Airport To Maybe Smallwood Not Much Below That Maybe I'm Missing Some Good Holes Below. With Me Time Is A Big Thing People Like To Catch Fish Not Ride In A Boat. And Its There Money Have Some Great Holes. Fox Ferry Will Always Put A Nice Blue In The Boat. Blue Plains Will Put Loads Of Cats So Will Along The Airport Drift Fish Them Alots With Kids Along Lots Of Cats Small Sizes 2 To 6 Lbs. I Have Had A Great Year So Far With 4 Over 50 Lbs Just Can't Get One Over 53 I'm At 52.6 That Was In April . Would Like To Hook Up And Talk Sometime Before I Have Tournaments Down There Would Like Your Input On Some Thing 2006 Will Be A Big Year For The Maryland Catfishing I Hope

5. Billy Tucker

Billy Tucker New Member

State:
    Manasszs Va
    I am with you on the time thing and that why I fish the lower part putting in at woodbridge. You are doing fine up there with those catches and not much need to go lower. My best down here is 38 but seem to be getting bigger all the time. Email me at formula233@comcast.net with a tel number. I would like to talk with you. I aint much on typing and trying to spell.

Tight lines,
    Billy