Potomac/Feb 22

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by jonnycat, Feb 22, 2006.

1. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Took a friend from Baltimore City on the Potomac today and fished the 5 mile channel marker to the 8 mile marker according to the map. We actually found a waterproof map of the Potomac floating by as we were moving to the last hole. The largest fish of the day(25lbs maybe) was caught in the 8ft cast net. That was the biggest catfish my buddy had ever seen. The expression was priceless. Caught 10-12 fish from 16lb on down to 2lbs. He was happy and said he will go again soon. I was quite disaapointed for his sake but he said, "It's all good", and just kept smiling. I am heading out again Friday so I'll post the results that evening. Later for now---jonnycat

2. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    ok its not fair to catch the largest fish of the day in a cast net... that must have been a big surprise when you pulled it up though...

3. jonnycat

jonnycat New Member

State:
    Maryland
    I was casting for bait when I got a nice sized Blue Catfish in the net. I didn't weigh it, but I'm sure it went 25lbs at least. Maybe we get some that big or bigger Friday. Later for now---jonnycat

4. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    well im bringing my Big Cat rod so i hope we get some that big or larger. and i know you were going for bait.