Posts about our daily lives. If y'all don't like it, let it die.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, May 5, 2006.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Taking some time off work to rejuvenate my mind and body. Not sure it's working or gonna work, but gonna try one more time.

This is how the day went:

Awakened at 12:30 via work. Lady just called to aggravate and say, I sure hope you're still not in the bed. Followed by laughter. Heck that went over really well in my slumbered state. I was PO'd for over 2 more hours. What the heck, if you NEED me, call, don't call for BS. You don't live my life, you don't walk in my mocassins, so don't label me in your mind. Don't judge me and I'll try very hard, not to judge you, which we aren't suppose to do anyway.

I watered the flowers, took pics of the flowers, looked for my favorite delphinium, bathed the dogs, cut claws, then wisked them off to the vet. Still had to get him to cut the rest of their claws/paws. Hairy and tired, I then went to pick up my Mother's dog and rush him there, before they left me. Hey, I made it. Lucky me.

I wanted and thought about going to see Shooter Jennings in Asheville, but as most of you can tell, I just stayed home and opted for a beer. No use going to enjoy it by mself.

So here I am bothering all the brothers and sisters at 2 AM. LOL.

Y'all post about your day, or let this thread die and don't think a thing about it.

Take care.

2. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    I read your day That did me in for tonight. To much action. :big_smile:

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

I agree, TOO MUCH ACTION! ROTFLMHO. Hope all is well in TX.

4. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Woke up around 10ish. Did not go to bed last night until after 3 because I was catching up all my recorded shows on DVR.

Then went to BOC to see what was going on, posted a few things, and chatted in Chat room with James, Barb, Dennis, Griz, Tony, few others I am sure I am leaving out.

Then, sorted 2 boxes that I brought up from basement and put them into plastic containers.

Checked back on the BOC chat, shot the breeze with the same people, they were still online.

Cleaned out the cupboard, sorted food and threw away all expired things, wow, had some things from 2004. LMAO

Checked back on BOC, yup, they are all still chatting, talked to them for a little while.

Buddy called and reminded me about Digital Underground concert tonight, could not wait to go to that.

Threw in a load of laundry and done some dishes.

Checked in on Chat one last time before I left, only 2 people on. Did not chat, just headed out of house.

Closed loan on house at 7 in Groveport, easy purchase, done in 30 minutes. Work for day complete.

Went to buddies house and picked him up, then had to go to ATM to get money out for drinks tonight.

Stopped by Eastland Mall to get Big Snoz glasses to wear to show, always get them autographed so never wear the same pair twice. Should of seen them looking at me when I walked out of store with them on. LMAO

Stopped by Wendys, got a bowl of Manderine Oranges for supper, not real hungry. Need room for liquor at Bar.

Went to bar, had a few Bacardi and Diet Cokes, watched the show and had a blast. Got pulled up on stage and then got to go backstage to party after show. Pretty cool.

Left bar at 1 to take buddy home, stopped and got gas and just got online.

Next.......

5. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Oh Lord, Tea, you had quite a day! Boy's day off, out, working, enjoying. Good for you!

6. captain5214

captain5214 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    my day yesterday(typical) woke up at 5ish, drank a pot of coffee and lurked over BOC. went to physical therapy from 7 to 8, gym from 830 till 11. pool from 11 to 1. came home ate and drank another pot . cleaned three 5 lb cats from the afternoon before. started cooking a cat fish sauce piquante about 3. ate at 7pm. went to bed at 830.

7. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

Heck Dano, I forgot to tell you all that was a whirlwind of work in 3 hours. From 4-7PM. LOL. It was too much for me too, hence the beer. LOL.

So far today, have been on the phone with work 4 times, so would someone please tell me WHEN I really get a day off? LOL

Anyway going to get cigarettes in a few. I was awakened by what I thought was a plane crashing in the neighborhood and it turned out to be just the storms we are having today. Just a much needed drenching here. A good reason to attempt to find a friend to go to see Pinmonkey tonight at the Down Home. Wish me luck. Perhaps Michelle or Becky will accompany me.
    Off here and hope everyone has a great weekend.

8. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :0a21: GEE CHERYL /TEA WHAT DID YOU ALL DO IN YOUR SPARE TIME. YOU ALL WORE ME OUT JUST READING WHAT YOU BOTH DID. CHERYL I'D SAY THE ONLY WAY YOUR GOING TO GET A DAY OFF IS TO LEAVE TOWN OR JUST GO FISHING AND NOT TAKE YOUR PHONE WITH YOU.IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT THEY CAN'T GET AHOLD OF YOU. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR DAY OFF.

9. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Heck, I work so much, when i go to bed ,its work to sleep...:confused2: :big_smile: ...

10. solomon

solomon New Member

State:
    MS
    7 am woke yesterday morning

8 am went to work at my second job. Was very tired from not finishing spring cleaning on the shed until 2 am yesterday morning. Worked on a house next to a river while people zoomed back and forth in their boats. Thought a lot about fishing.

6 pm Came home. Wife was sick. She and rugrat were asleep.

8:30 pm Went to bed. Hungry and tired.

9 pm Rugrat wants juice. I get up.

9:15 pm Rugrat wants ice. I get up.

9:37 pm Rugrat wants a pickle. I get up.

10:12 pm I'm hungry. I get up. Eat leftover mac and cheese. Decide to go fishing in the morning. Go back to sleep

6 am (this morning) Wake up and look out window at weather. Debate on going fishing

7 am Thunderstorms

11 am Still raining. Glad I debated instead of going.

11:19 am Heck with it. I'm going fishing.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    OK, just for you Cheryl. :lol:

Yesterday my day started out about usual.
    Up at 6:30 for our daily 3 mile walk. (unless I'm going fishing, then my wife sleeps in)
    Light breakfast at 8. Our guest had about a dozen or so Crispy Creams!
    The rest of the day was different from usual for our granddaughter and friend is visiting us from TX.
    After breakfast we took them sight seeing to all the local tourist sights.
    About 4 we shut down long enough for steak at Outback.
    Was planning on taking them out fishing but the weather turned bad.
    We got to bed at 12:30.

12. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Ok, this isn't gonna be such a great example: My husband & I took our grandson, Shadow, bream fishing this a.m. Went to Red River; extremely windy! Buddy fought the wind all morning. We never really found a bream bed; just picked up stray ones here & there. Ended up w/23. Shadow caught 2 nice goggle-eye & several good bream; in fact, he caught more than we did. Stopped on the way home & picked 2 bowls full of dewberries...yum! Gonna get Buddy to make a pie!(My husband is the BEST cook!) Got home about 2:00 p.m. Went out & weeded my front flower bed (Cheryl's flowers have shamed me!); then weeded my tomato bed. Ended up w/a wheelbarrow full of weeds/mint. I think I could pull up a truckload of mint!! It's only 5:30 now, but I'm pretty much done for the day. I think we may have fish for supper. Buddy's gone to help a friend whose tool shed caught fire. He's gonna start digging some of the salvageable tools out.
    If tomorrow is better...I'll post again! Goin' to the river again. We're both taking a vacation day!!!:big_smile:

13. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Roxie,

You actually got me to laugh out loud! Kudos to you for that, but I just take pics and try to eliminate the weeds in them. If you want to see a real envious flower garden, check out Swampy's daylily beds. There is a pic on one of my flower posts I think, then he posted the link to his beautiful tapestry of daylilies. The man is Obessive Compulsive compared to me in the flower beds. But he has sand to work with and I have clay and sometimes a rich dirt.

Read the next post of my afternoon. LOL. Thanks for making me laugh and not just smile.

Take care, Sis. :smile2:

14. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well I haven't posted about my daily life in a few days, so here goes.

Sunday afternoon from 7PM till dark thirty, I was out in Mom's flower beds. I try to clean them out prior to Mother's Day every year. She wanted me to plant the tomatoe plants I had given her, so I promised for 5 days I would do it. BHH, I put her off till the last of my weekend, knowing I was going to spend a few hours with her. I spent the past Monday afternoon with her but she doesn't understand that I can't be with her every second of every day, although I know I need to spend as much as I can at her age.

Mom is like most Mothers. She is always gonna be the boss and supervisor. LOL. I asked her to point out where exactly she wanted the veggies. When I started using the maddox to take off the topsoil of weeds in her flower bed, she went bananas. She hates the bermuda grass that tries to take over but she doesn't want me digging it up. LOL. Well I got the 2 tomatoe plants in the ground and her pepper plant, and took her back inside. She isn't able to stand in the yard or walk much anymore, due to her arthritic hips.

I left Riley with her and headed out the front door to smoke and sneak away from her to finish working. BTW, it was only about 50 here today. Felt good, but when she eventually saw I was outside without a jacket, she came hollering like I was a child. I heard something out the back door and went to see what she was yelling at me. I had pretty much gotten the flower bed half trenched of the weeds at this point.

She said, "You're gonna get sick." Lord, I bit my tongue. Well I snuck away again and while weeding and trenching, I was taking the dredge to put in the holes in the yard, where the water line was replaced a few months back. I planted her a salmon/white geranium in one of her pots out front. I took my frustrations out on the bermuda and dug some of it to China it seemed. Had to seperate some of her asiatic lilies out of the roots of some of it and replant them.

I hear her yelling again. Get a coat on, you have sandals on, you are gonna be so sore you can't work tomorrow. Yadda yadda yadda. I know I will long for her voice one day and try to bite my tongue again, so I tell her, I'll be in at dark. Please stop yelling at me. She says, I just want to talk to you. I assure her once again, I will be in at dark.

I then make sure the empty pots, debris, etc. is up and put the maddox in my SUV. (She will be looking for it tomorrow........tee hee) She will call me and fuss a little about how she wanted to use it. I will play dumb and say I needed it at work. Which I really do and may use there tomorrow.

Anyway, I left her a double petunia and a salmon colored gerbera daisy to plant in some of her pots on the porches. That is about all she can do these days. I know it breaks her heart, as she always loved working in flowers and having beautiful flowers. When I was young, I grew to despise flowers. Not sure why unless it was because I wanted her to spend more time with me. I only took up flower gardening when I was 30. God must have known I would someday have to do her flowers and veggies for her. Now I try to maintain her flowers better than my own, so that she can enjoy them.

She has a daylily bed that Swampy gave her the flowers for and I have it half cleaned out but must get back to those ASAP. Lord, she showed me a bud on the one he reset for her last year, in the bed I was working today. It tickles her to death if hers' bloom before mine. When I told her my lilac was blooming earlier this year, she had to walk down to check the one Swampy moved for her and call me to say, "Mine's gonna bloom too."

Well, I went in right at dark and found a movie on called, Homeward Bound. Most of y'all probably seen it. Basic story of 2 dogs and a cat trying to get home. Well Mom, Riley and me watched it and enjoyed catching up. Riley watched it like a human. He is a crazy little chihuahua. Sp?

Take care.

And THANKS to everyone for sharing their daily lives. I'm outta rep for now. Still trying to finish rep on the laundry post.

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    And THANKS to everyone for sharing their daily lives. I'm outta rep for now. Still trying to finish rep on the laundry post.

16. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Talking about the Down Home in Johnson City? What a great place. I was the Air Force Recruiter in Johnson city for four years. I went to the Down Home at least twice a month. My wife is from Erwin, so I get back that way about once a year. Although we are in the same state, where I live now is like a different world. Greetings from about as far away as you can be and still be in TN.

17. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Hey Jeff,

Erwin is my favorite little hidden paradise. In my mind, I would like to retire there, but probably won't. It's funny that it appears to be a sleepy little town to an outsider, but if you become one of the locals and receive their newspaper, it really is almost a hidden little chicago from the prohibition days.

Still I love it. The scenery is awesome, the memories I have from there the same. Some of the best food in TN is right there in The Elm cooked up by Debbie and Randy. Not to mention the River's Edge and Dennis. As long as he is cooking, and not rafting the food is fantastic too.

The Down Home has been going strong for 30+ years now. Wish I could have went to the Blues fest they had last weekend to support my favorite Public Radio station.... 89.5.

Take care.

18. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Cheryl, if you dont slow down, I swear I'm going to have to buy me a new pair of shoes, just to keep up.. :big_smile:

If I aint doing nothing, I'm doing something.

19. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN

LOL, I need a new body just to keep up with myself at times.

Dragger, I know what you mean!

Dayton,
    Krispy Kreme closed here after many years but we can still buy them at the grocery stores for now.

Gonna go have some Rocky Road ice cream. Had 2 Grape NEHI's tonight. What memories in those! Wish I had kept one of those GRAPETTE's from years ago in those short, funny shaped bottles.

Hope all is well there. Enjoy the grandaughter!

20. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I work in a medical office; it was a typical day. But after work, my husband & I went to watch our 7 yr old granddaughter play softball. She got 2 hits! And actually made it around all the bases once! :big_smile:This was a big deal; she's never gotten to base before. Her second hit, she got out because she swung the bat & hit the umpire! She was so proud she made it to first base, but was a little upset when she got out. But we convinced her she didn't do anything wrong; she just needs to learn not to throw the bat--especially at the umpire!!:lol: Then we stopped & ate a quick bite of supper, then home. Gotta go...Ted Nugent's Spirit of the Wild is fixin' to come on!! Later.......