Posting Pictures

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Gordhawk, Jul 21, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Can someone please tell me how to attach a picture to a post? I would like to attach some pictures of my 8 yr. old grandson,from his first fishing trip in the boat. Any help would be greatly appreciated,as I would like to show everyone some pictures of a very happy young man. Thank You!

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Going to watch this thread so I will know too.:confused2:

3. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Glenn, on the bottom of the screen when you make your post you will see Manage Attachements. Click on that and find the folder where you put them, you can attach 3 at a time. If you have a website that you uploaded them just post the site. Also at least with mine it automaticly resizes your pics so you shouldnt have to resize them.

4. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Gary,
    I don't know what I'm doing wrong,but I cannot get the pictures posted that I want to. I thought I had done everything just like you told me to,but I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep trying,but I'm really starting to get frustrated that I can't get them up so the brothers and the sisters of the BOC can see them.
    Thank You,for all of your help,Gary.
    Glenn
    I'm still open to suggestions.

5. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Click on Manage Attachements and you should get a pop up.
    On the pop up it should say browse click on that
    Once you have got the picture that you want click on it or double click it and you should see something like C:\Documents and settings\??????????? or something like that.
    click on upload - it will take a couple of seconds
    you should see the current attchemtents that you have added on the bottom of the screen.
    click on the submit reply and they should be there let me know if that works

Attached Files:

6. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    I'm relatively new on here, but will tell you what works great for me.

1. Go to www.photobucket.com and open a free account. It's relatively painless and user friendly. You can upload your pictures there. Once your picture is uploaded there, you will see four "tags" under the picture.
    2. Left click on the URL "tag". It will "copy" the tag.
    3. Scroll down your reply to the "Manage attachments" button and click on it.
    4. In the little box that says "upload file from a url" PASTE the tag into the box.
    5. Click "upload"

You will get a message to wait.. while it uploads.
    Once it is uploaded you will see the filename appear where the box was.
    You can then close that little window and submit the post....

The only thing is, once you put the picture on photobucket, don't delete it from there or you will not have the picture available for viewing anymore.
    Photobucket automatically resizes the picture so it's not too big for the site.
    Like this

Attached Files:

7. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I believe what's goin on is that the photos aren't resized. They must be 500x400 pixels or smaller. If you have any sort of photo software, which I'm sure you do, there should be an option to do that. Or, you can use microsoft office manager, or photoshop, or paint.net. If the photos are too big, sometimes it will say that, and sometimes it will just sit there, and act like it's loading, but never does. PM me if you need some help.

8. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Matt, Ive never resized my pics I just upload them and my digital is set at 1084X762. I used to have to resize them but since the upgrade before last I didnt have to do that.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey Gang,
    Here's the upload error message I'm getting. How do I go about fixing this so I can get these photos uploaded?
    Upload Errors
    100_0269.jpg:
    The Dimension limits for this filetype are 500 x 400. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 2832 x 2128.
    Thanks to each and everyone who has contributed to this thread.
    Glenn

10. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    As some of the others have said...your file is too big. As KatintheHat said, you can use a photo or graphics program to resize the picture files, I'm sure there is one somewhere on your computer. Or you can do the photobucket thing. It will automatically resize them for you.

11. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    I sent you email but may be some others that can use this.

Click here to download Irfanview.
    Download it to your desktop.
    After download, install, it will place a Irfanview shortcut on your Desktop and in All Programs for starting Irfanview.

Open Irfanview.

1. File, go to the location where the image is saved.

2. Double click on the image, this will open it in Irfanview.

3. Select.... Image. (top bar on Irfanview)

4. Select.... Resize/Resample.

5. Select the size you wish or if it's not listed type in the size.... maximum size on BOC is 500 x 400. And not over 100 KB. NOTE maximum size for avatars is 200 x 200.
    Hit OK.

6. Select Image.

7. Select Sharpen.

8. File... Save as.
    Be sure the box "Save as type" shows JPG Files.
    Be sure to note where you are saving the image.

9. Save

The Picture Tutorial is located here.

12. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Thats really odd Glenn, I would use what Dayton or Laura is sugesting. I know that when I do it I dont resize anything and my pics are a little smaller but still bigger than 500x400. Once you get them resized you should be ok