Post Your Pa. Catfish Photo's From 2005

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Happy New Year to all! I thought it would be nice now that's it 2006 to reflect back on the 2005 season by sharing some catfish photo's with each other. I'll go first.

Attached Files:

2. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Hey Scott, nice lookin fish!

Honestly, I wish I had some good pictures from last year but I don't think I caught any picture worthy catfish. That just means I'll have to catch twice as many this year!

Happy New Year!

3. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jason - I think 2006 is gonna be a great year for Catfishin' here in Pa. I learned a lot in 2005 from experience on the water and this website. Can't wait to get out and chase them big un's, I'm excited already. I may go nuts waiting for spring to get here. Here's a few more photo's from 2005.

Attached Files:

4. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Hey Scott,

I'm hoping that this year will produce more fish than last. One big problem last year was the fact that I didn't get out nearly as much as I would have liked. So I'm hoping that you're right and 2006 is a great year!!!

5. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jason - Your right, being able to get out as much as you would like is the hard part of fishing. Once you do get out, having a good plan of attack sure helps alot. I plan on spending as many nights on the boat as I can in 2006. Well , as many as my wife will let me anyway, lol! :rolleyes: Actually my wife has been learning to fish. She got her first ever fishing license in 2005. Here's a photo of her biggest Catfish of the year. I had to hold it up for her, she wasn't puttin' her fingers in "that things mouth".

Attached Files:

6. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Scott,

Its cool that you got your wife into fishing. Thats what I need to find, a girl that fishes!

The last couple of years have been rather disappointing for me fishing-wise. I only fish from shore because I don't have a boat. The spots that I usually always did well at seem to be "dead" spots now. Me and my buddies have even tried new spots with little to no luck. So hopefully my luck will turn around this year!

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Jason - Yeah, that's tough being stuck on shore. That's the way I was for many years. Biggest problem is everyone knows the best shore spots and just pound them locations. It's still possible to do well from the river bank, just tougher than being on a boat. I spent a lot of time studying my depth finder while moving around on the pool I fish this past summer. I think I located a couple spots that have some real potential for holding some big Cat's. We shall see if my feelings are correct. The Pa. Flathead Record is just begging to be broken. It came from the Allegheny River back in 1980, 43 lbs. 5 oz. I'm gonna try my best to threaten it! I'll get you and Josh out and if you like the way I fish we can perhaps hook up on occassion.

8. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Sounds good to me! Like you said, you can do good from shore but all the good spots are usually so packed with people that its usually not enjoyable after awhile. For example, Highland Park Dam is known for holding a lot of nice walleye. Right before I had my surgery, we were getting up at 3 o'clock in morning just so we could get doen there and get a good spot. By noon, it wasn't even worth being there because guys were coming down and squeezing in wherever thus tangling line, etc. VERY FRUSTRATING!!! But, I'm sure I'll have a blast if we go out on your boat. It will be a nice change of scenery for me! All this talk is killing me! I wish winter was over already!

9. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    man i got to many to post! I any one wants to see them just email me bigpapa15206@gmail and ill send them to ya.

10. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    yeah H.P. dam does get a lil crowded around walleye season but on them hot summer days people come and go down. My biggest problem was trying NOT to catch alot of fish while people were around! People would see me up on that wall nailin em and pack up all there stuff and try and figure oyut how to get up there.

11. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Hey Phil,

Do you usually fish from shore or a boat?

12. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Jason,

I know i fish from the shore you ever fish the dam in sharpsburgh. That were we both fish!!

13. bigpapa15206

bigpapa15206 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh
    i fish from shore, them cats wudnt stand a chance if i had a boat!

14. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    The dam in sharpsburgh...Isn't that Highland Park Dam?

15. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Yeah, I haven't been there too much during the summer, mainly during the walleye months, like I said. So do you guys mainly fish off the wall or from the shoreline?

16. Gone fishin 4 kittys

Gone fishin 4 kittys New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    I like to fish from the wall mostly can be a tough to get a spot

17. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    C'mon bigpapa, toss a couple photo's on here. I know you caught some big fish in 2005. I don't expect you to put them all on but pick out a few of your favorites.

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Hey Jason - I'm curious about your member name - the_nis - what does it mean or stand for?

19. the_nis

the_nis Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    Josh,

Do you try to keep your bait as close to the dam as possible. Must be tough...I do see a lot of fish caught from up there though.