Post your oldest Catfish photo!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by Pennsylvaniacatchaser, May 26, 2009.

1. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I thought this would be a cool idea for a thread! Post the oldest pic you have of yourself with a Catfish! :cool2: I will start things off with my oldest Cat photo. It is myself from 1977 with a pair of Channel Cats. I was 14 years old at the time.

Attached Files:

2. sscharlie

sscharlie Well-Known Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Stan
    Which I could but the camera hadn't been invented yet...LOL

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    This would be an interesting thread to post to, but just the picture of my first cat weighs over 22 pounds. Can't get it on the scanner. LOL

4. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Cool idea,but I haven,t figured out how to get my nondigital photos onto my computer yet.I,m not real computer savvy yet.It took me 3 days to get my avatar on.:eek:oooh:

5. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    almost 15 years ago-two pee dee river south carolina blues.

Attached Files:

6. Skammer

Skammer New Member

State:
    Pa.
    That's a classic Scott! That's gotta be very old, I see an old wringer washing machine to your right. I do remember those days! Don't have any old catfish photos though, they were still using gun powder in a flash pan when I was young!:big_smile::wink:

7. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    I couldn't afford a camera until the age of 30:embarassed:.

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2: gun powder in a flash pan :smile2:

9. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I thought maybe there would be some old poloroid shots posted here. That was the 1st style camera I remember using back in the late 60's, at least that's what my folks had! :eek:oooh:

10. jigerjim

jigerjim New Member

State:
    North East Pa.
    Now that's funny Skammer.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
  12. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    What happened when you grew up????:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

13. bnewsom71

bnewsom71 New Member

State:
    Mathervill
    The doctors aren't sure. :embarassed: I guess it is one of them medical mysteries that will never be solved! :smile2:

14. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

15. lendog

lendog New Member

State:
    berks, PA
    the only old pics i have are of me holdin a bass, i was like 10, no catty pics :angry:

16. Haha! Look at Scott! Hahaha. Cool man!:big_smile:

17. Bigfish4me

Bigfish4me New Member

State:
    Conshy Pa
    Me and my dad.....i was probably about 5 years old and they were most likely caught on mullberries, i remember going up the street to pick the berries and we had a spot that had a mullberry tree that over hung the skuke....good times.

Attached Files:

18. Good job Bro!:wink:

19. jolie

jolie New Member

State:
    PA
    A fun thread...

sadly catfishing is a bit of a recent obsession to say the least... all my younger years were with PA's great hatchery product; trout.

I'd spend whole days walking a stocked stream (which was within walking distance) fishing for them. on the one hand I saw spots rarely visited from the local bridge buddies... spots deep in the Alleghany national forest

on the other I never outgrow bait, and it always made for poor fishing just as I was getting the most time to roam (summer).

anyway,

here's a cool picture not of me, but of keyanna... I hooked a striper at morraine in may 2003 and handed her the rod. It was one of her first big fish. She was 4. Its a nice fish for a pretty little girl.

If they ever have a similar thread 20years in the future this will be her vintage photo... prolly by then all the kids will be playing video game versions of fishing; once us old obsessed fishermen have kicked the bucket.:smile2:

perhaps I'll raid the box to see if there's anything with me holding a trout..but I doubt it. I didn't have a camera and even when I did; there was NO way I was allowed to take it fishing as It would have certainly been lost or broken before the first film was developed.

Attached Files:

20. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    guys I dont have a pictur. My ex gal was nutz and tore all my fishing and family pictures up. I m still looking to see if she missed it but I had a picture of my Grandpa Jess holding a 50-60# flattie proably in the 1960s. I wanted to share that pic because he is the one who taught me to fish when I was in grade school. And ever since then, Ive never stoped. Thanks Grandpa. I do have the pic burndt into my brain, so i guess thats all that counts, thanks guys.