Post your New Years Resolution here (so we can hold you to it later on)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by sal_jr, Dec 29, 2005.

1. sal_jr

sal_jr New Member

State:
    Ithaca, MI
    Mine is to get a grasp of Quantum Physics.

My boss says that he'll just ask God when he gets there. Personally, I'd like to approach God at the end of my road sorta as a journalist- full of questions but somewhat informed of the medium of discussion. In that light, ill do quantum physics this year.

I resolve to read at least two major works of physics this year with the stipulation that I absorb enough to hold a coherent conversation about the topic.

List your resolution!

Sal

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mine is to lose 50-lbs.

3. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Way to go Tim! Keep it up!

That's my resolution for this (next) 2006 year--to quit smoking. I go cold turkey on January 2. I decided that the second was better because I would be back at work and would have things to occupy my mind and hands.

Wish me luck!

4. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    WTG TIM!!!! I'm so proud of you just remember how youstart smoking again just one puff. I nearly quit for a year and prolly would still be off the nasty habit if something terrible didn't happen to me a few months ago.

5. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tim, I know how hard that is. congrat's on that. I sure hope you can stay with it. Are you getting over the worst part yet.
    I wish I could get my mind right to quit smoking. If someone would put me in a room full of foam rubber for about 90 days, maybe I could quit without hurting myself.. LOL.

I guess my New Years Resolution is,
    I just want to live till I die. LOL.

6. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    lose weight and get in some semblance of physical conditioning.....that way i won't get tired when i argue gravity and black holes with sal :D

7. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Lets see

Loose weight
    Catch a catfish
    get boat running and on the water
    catch a catfish
    quit smoking
    catch a catfish

hmmm, oh yeah, AND CATCH A CATFISH!!!

8. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    I quit smoking after fifty years of smoking. Every time you feel like you need one, just inhale some air like you had just taken a drag, then exhale like you are blowing the smoke out, sure helped me. I quit on June 28, 04 at 9pm and haven't had one since. When it gets bad I just inhale and blow it out, may sound dumb but it has worked for me. New Years resolution, KEEP ON CATTIN.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Mine would be along the lines of quiting smoking, lose about 30lbs and gain about 30lbs in Catfish every outing LOL.

10. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

1. Loose about 20lbs..
    2.Read the Bible.I have never really read the Bible,my son gave me a study Bible for Christmas.
    3.Catch at least a 30lb Blue this year!
    Ernie

Keep it up Tim,you can do it!

11. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Mine is to get caught up on the bills and stay there. Another is to start a savings acct. and direct deposit enough money every week to buy Christmas 2006 without having to slide the bills like we always have in Decembers past.

12. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Oh...and by the way. When I quit smoking...I didn't lose weight at all. I ended up losing 8 lbs at first due to nicotine shock, and then promptly put on 20 lb. It took a long time to lose that 20 lb. I guess it's because of the hand habit...and damn did food ever smell and taste better after I quit. Quitting drinking regular pop and switching to diet instead is how I started losing the weight I put on. A little bit of exercise, and I could probably lose the other 20 lb I need to lose. :crying:

13. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    go canoeing, mountain biking more than last year, and lose about 20lbs. oh yeah, and try to break 40lbs.

14. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    yeah that regular pop will put it on ya! after drinking diet for a little while you cant stand regular, too sweet.

15. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    Ain't that the truth. I accidentally picked up my wifes regular Pepsi instead of my diet Coke here awhile back at a local Tex Mex restaurant...and took a big ol' swig of it after eating some good pico. Man...it was repulsive! It was the first regular pop I've drank in over a year. I couldn't believe how sweet it was! I used to drink 1-2 two liter bottles of Pepsi or Mt. Dew everyday. I couldn't do it now that I've been off the sugar for so long.

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Go catfishing more often!

17. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    oh yeah at least 1-2 2litres! it was rare to see me without a 2-litre lol. you eliminate sugar and carbs from your diet and you'll lose weight real fast.

18. Catcaller

Catcaller New Member

State:
    SoutheastKansas
    I always got a 2 liter of Dew because I work the third shift, and the caffeine helped me stay awake. Also, you could buy the 2 liters on sale at the grocery store and pay .89...or...you could pay $1.09 for 20 oz at the convenience store. As much as I drank of it...I'd buy 12 two liters every week when we went grocery shopping...and would usually run out by wed or thurs.

What broke me of the regular pop though was writing a $3,000 check to the dentist two years ago...Lol. THAT was enough of that. I can't stand going to the dentist!

19. gofish

gofish New Member

State:
    Greenville MS
    Ummm....what is a 'pop'? :p

It's all 'Coke' where I come from ;)

20. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    think y'all down there call them sodas lol. i lived in n.carolina for a year and they asked me the same thing....POP?