Post your BCS title game predictions..........

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by dahoss2002, Aug 6, 2008.

1. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Taking a deep breath............I say Ohio St Buckeyes vs Texas Longhorns...My feelings wont be hurt if My LSU Tigers slip into the mix though. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

2. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    I don't know... preseason polls mean exactly nothing (I mean, isn't Notre Dame ranked in the top 25 according to USA Today? How wrong is that?). But I'm gonna put my money on Georgia vs. Oklahoma, after the Sooners beat Mizzou in the Big 12 Championship (again) and the Bulldogs knock off LSU in the SEC Championship.

Whatever happens, I think it's going to be another wild year of college football. I can't wait.

3. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I believe Texas is picked to finish third in the Big 12 South. With the talent on that team, I have to scratch my head at these experts and say "huh?". There has to be a bunch of losses for OU to get there.

4. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Don't much care who they play.... National Champions WILL BE

BUCKEYES!!!!!! GO BUCKS! rollo:wink:

5. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Jason you think they got a chance this year?:wink:

6. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Heard that before...:smile2:. GA beats the Buckeyes in the title game, to be remembered as SEC Buckeye Beatdown #....... heck, I can't even remember how many:wink::smile2:.

7. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    WVU vs UGA. Georgia gets 4 more quarters to try to beat them. Buckeyes fail to get in on the Ohio State rule, if you smell it up for 2 years running no chance for 3-peat. Seriously WVU has a great chance and UGA looks good on paper. I think like the above poster it gonna be a crazy year and Good Luck to all.

8. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Simple.

OHIO STATE BUCKEYES!

OH.....

9. Katfishing Cajun

Katfishing Cajun New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    They might want to buy there tickets early to watch the NCG!:haha:

10. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    IO!!

IT WILL BE OHIO STATE VS OKLAHOMA WITH OSU WINNING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP!

11. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    What have you been smoking? No firepower, lol, the best offensive line in the nation, Bradford should come out smoking, Brown and Murray healthy. Then they put in the no huddle offense, I guess last years 80 touchdowns werent enough for them. 13-0 this year, Tech has to play OU in the big house, so there wont be any help from the refs this year.

Pac 10? You might want to rethink that. I know you listen to ESPN, but I think USC is going to loose 2 this year.

Here is my prediction. OU vs Ohio State, and I can tell you why. OU should make a clean run thru the big 12, Ohio State will loose one again, and the SEC will be a 2 loss again this year.

Sorry all you ESPN fans. No way to change it this year. Good luck next year SEC fans.

12. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma

You and Forgottenheart must be smoking the same thing.....lol.....I agree with you on who will get there, but not the outcome.

Ohio State better be able to cover the recievers, Bradford will have all the time in the world to throw.

13. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    Ou has the best O line in the country? As long as they don`t have to block smaller faster D line. Go WVU

14. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Even IF OSU cannot cover the receivers, OSU has the Heisman hopeful Chris "Beanie" Wells who is the best running back I have seen since Eddie George, our last Heisman winner. He is better than Maurice Clarrett was.

OSU has a weakness IMHO which is our QB, Todd Boeckman. At least it seemed last year he had a NASTY habit of throwing the long ball short.

We recruited a freshman phenom named Terrell Pryor who has a great arm AND a great set of wheels. He will play this year. Thad Matta (Basketball) and Jim Tressel watched him play in PA and Thad observed that it was like watching Greg Oden (#1 draft choice) play high schoolers.

Beanie has a backup named Brandon Saine who is phenomenal as well. Watch for him in the slot or someone for us to get the ball to in some manner.

Then we have the defence which gives running games and passing games a sickness called "Lauranitis".

Yeah, we may have failed twice,but we've made it there and will prevail.:wink:

15. ChannelCatBen

ChannelCatBen New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Another thing that Ohio State has going for them is that they play in the Big 10, which is a pretty overrated conference. Sure, they all look tough when they play against each other... it's also fun to watch midgets wrestle. They'll be the darlings of ESPN primetime, and Herbstreit will be all atwitter when they play against USC. Not sure who's gonna win that game, but I'm glad that one of those teams will lose.

16. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I HATE TO SAY IT: Flordia!!!

17. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I wouldnt put much stock in that last game, lol. I know it was a "Big Game" for WVU, unfortunately, it wasnt for OU. OU should have been playing for the National Championship game, not some small bowl. Think that might have had something to do with it? I dont think a smaller "faster D line" was the reason ya'll won that game. If I were stoops all you would have saw was 2nd and 3rd stringers the whole game.

18. allena

allena New Member

State:
    WV/Preston Co.
    You also must remember WVU lost their last game which knocked them out of the same game, didn`t have a head coach, and was given 0 chance. Preparation is a part of the game and just like UGA in 06, they weren`t ready for the speed.

19. MattShannon

MattShannon New Member

State:
    WV
    Speed Kills! WVU all the way.

20. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    OU didnt loose their last game they had already beaten Missouri once, ESPN screwed them out of the National Championship game, plain and simple, OU beat Missouri and Ohio States claim to fame was beating a no. 17 ranked Michigan, that is a screwed up. If I had been Stoops, the game would probably have even been more lopsided. I would not have played a starter. Why take a chance on getting someone hurt? That is the way I look at it. OU had nothing to gain by winning that one.

This year will be a different story. OU can make a clean run on the Big 12, Tech has to play OU at home, so I dont think the refs would dare make calls like they have done the last 2 years. Who else is there? Missouri? I dont think so.

It will be Ohio State and OU, because SEC will have 2 loss teams again, due to the SEC Championship game. If OU goes 13-0 it will almost be impossible for ESPN to have have a Big 10/SEC championship game.