POST W.D.M .Gathering

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Aug 23, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well i couldnt make it to WDM so yall going to have to bring it to me ,i want stories and pics

2. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i got to wdm wednesday at noon. tom, sam, and cliff all arrived around the same time. we went about setting up our camps and getting things squared away. had a crappie feast wednesday evening courtesy of sam. it was a wonderful meal.
    thursday morning i went to the msippi river alone and fished around several places before finding good drifting water right in the mouth of the white river. just as a cold front blew in and rain started pounding i caught a 22lber. i caught a 10, 12, and 1 smaller fish before calling it a day and heading back to camp.
    coach arrived at camp around 5 or so that evening and we all planned our friday morning fishing trip. it rained and stormed all night thursday night and we finally headed to the river around 7 friday morning. coach, sam, and tom went in coaches boat and fished together and i drifted below the white river mouth in a deep hole that i found that morning. every drift i made through this hole produced a fish but no big ones today. biggest fish i caught friday was a 17lber. fished till around 1 and headed back to camp.
    after sleeping on an air mattress for 2 nights and so stiff i could barely move i got a motel room friday night. got up at 4 and went and woke sam up to get the party started again. so saturday morning i went back to the river and drifted the hole that i had found on friday. i knew that this hole had alot of fish holding in it so i concentrated on it for 3hrs of hard fishing saturday morning. i caught a 35, 33, 15, 10, and several smaller fish before calling it quits so i could get packed up and head for home.

3. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i just wanted to add that robert put in alot of trouble putting this thing together and then got down in his back and couldnt make the trip. thanks robert for getting us all together for the trip and wish u could have been there.
    here are the only pics that i took of the fish that i caught. sorry for the quality of the pics but when u fish alone you cant pose the fish very well. these are of the 33 and 35---notice the big head and small body on this 35lber. he had a 45lb head but the body just didnt have any weight. sure was fun to wrestle these out of 100ft water. i didnt get the big one that i was after but i am learning how to read the river and what to look for in fish holding spots. i'll get that big one before long.

Attached Files:

4. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    1st and second pics are of the ugly big headed 35lber that 3rd pic is the 33 he was a beautiful msippi river fish.

5. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Well we made it home safe and sound about 3:30 this morning. We ended up with about 50 skipjacks caught, vacuum sealed and frozen up for winter bait. We had a blast and wanted to thank everyone for their hospitality. We had a great breakfast and dinner. David wanted to thank everyone also, he had a great time. It was good to finally meet coach, tman, and radish in person. Cant wait for the next one, and want to invite yall to a Tawakoni gathering the first weekend in December.

6. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    well gary 50 aint too good but at least u didnt come up empty. that's fishing.

7. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark
  8. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    dang jamie, if that would have happened at the msippi river my little ole 25 wouldn't have pulled that big ole sea ark back upstream. you were lucky it happened at the ramp.

9. T Man

T Man New Member

State:
    Grenada MS
    Thank you Tall for putting together such a gathering of fishermen and misfits:smile2:

10. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas

Hey, T-Man

You callin me a (((Misfit))) ?????????????????????????????????

do you want me to tell everyone about your """"Pet Rock""":smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. Rohaus

Rohaus Well-Known Member

State:
    Vilonia Ar
    You got my thanks too Tall for putting this together. I met some good friends and had a helluva good time. I did not get to visit with everyone as much as I would have liked but I will catch them on the next one. I want to thank everyone for making us feel welcome, but I sure wish you could have been have there Tall,been looking forward to meeting you. We will have to get together sometime, agains thanks.

12. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    This is a pic of the Racoon that came for the fish fry Thursday night,
    I think he ate more Crappie than any of us, I would tell you about the Bear I saw, but no one will believe me !!!!!:roll_eyes:

Top, on Thursday morning, and the crew B.Sing

Attached Files:

13. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    pic of my PB Drum ((LMBO)) on a 1/16 oz. Crappie Jig,

Attached Files:

14. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Right on Tall

Sorry you couldnt make it, I had a great time Robert, Thanks for putting
    W.D.M. together ,

finaly got to meet, the world famous ((( Coach ))):eek:oooh: and his side kick (((Sam ))):roll_eyes: made some new friends,

Great Time Robert

Thanks

15. P-Collins

P-Collins New Member

State:
    conway ark
    Had a great time at wdm, didnt get t fish much, but got to meet some great group of people

16. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    OK pauline did the cook get any tipps ? :wink::smile2:

17. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    W.D.M.

Pic's

Attached Files:

18. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    tallrobertrusman........... thanks for getting the trip put together tall .... hopefully , u will be ready to go next time !!!!!!!!!!!
    lots of fish caught at wdm this go round ............. i haven't seen anything from radish or tman about their sat. trip ...........it was a goodun !!!!
    my boat managed a 24 , 14 and 10 for the biggest three...... my camera went on the blink and i couldn't get a pic of cass's 14 sat.... did get the 24 and tman's 10 on friday tho .................
    as usual ,at these BOC get togethers , u meet some mighty nice people ... this one was no exception to the rule ....... met lots of old faces again and some brand new faces , and that is always fun !!!!!
    i won't even start to tell about the hub burning out on my boat trailer sat. morning ....... just have to say a big thanks to sam and cass for not getting upset at screwing their early morning fishing trip up !!!!!! oh yea , and thanks for the cash and labor it took to get us going again !!!!!!!!!!!! PITS , THIS IS JUST FOR U OLE BUDDY ........ WE DONE OFFICIALLY LIFTED THAT BLACK CLOUD OF URS !!!!!!!! U ARE FREE TO ROAM AGAIN PARTNER!!! IT IS GONNA BE BACK TO BUSINESS AS USUAL FOR U FROM NOW ON !!!!! only way to break a spell is to work thru it ......the cloud followed cass here and burnt up my trailer hub , worked thru that, finally made it to the river and she got her first nice ms river blue ,,,,,,, the black cloud has been busted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :big_smile:

Attached Files:

19. buckethead

buckethead New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I almost forgot to give a big thank you to Cathog and Dave for bringing
    all of those fish for the fish fry, , I left early this morning, and didnt have a chance to tell you, that it was my pleasure to have met you guys,

I hope to see you both again in December,

20. big pappa

big pappa New Member

State:
    perry, Ark

all it would have had to work was one more time and i would have been there and that would have been a long ride!!!!!