Post Thanksgiving Catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL GEORGIA TALK' started by bradley_G, Nov 29, 2008.

1. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    anybody catching anything after turkey day? Ive been having a tough time catching since the cold came, but I'm giving it a go tomorrow afternoon, anyone have any encouraging stories or insight to the cold water approach?

2. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    Cut Shad w/garlic oil. :wink:

3. Carplips

Carplips New Member

State:
    Dallas,Georgia
    I know this is about catfishing, but we caught a bunch of hybrids and spots out in front of the highland cove. Just a back up plan if is isn't too late.

4. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Well I made two attempts. With misc. family obligations, I started off on Friday morning at Muckalee creek. Yes I know, not much of a location. This is because we were helping some family member out and I slipped out on Friday about 7am. and put in a line where Hwy 19 crosses the Muckalee creek. This was about 7:30 am. Had some store bought dough bait and some Left over fresh Salmon I had in the freeze using as cut bait.

Not even a bite.

The next day, hoping to beat the rain my wife and I headed up to Big Lazar wild life management area above Manchester GA. Well At least I got a bite and my wife did catch a small brim which I now have in the freezer so maybe something good will happen yet.

I wonder, what it the record for most days fished without catching a fish?

I might head to the Flint in the morning, got a few worms left, that is if the flint is not too high from the rains. Does that matter? Is it a waste time to fish the Flint right after a rain as the water will be too high or too fast?

Pat

5. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    where is that? boat or shore?

6. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    I thought about triing the flint off 96 outside fort valley just depends on the weather and my wife

7. Fishmaster1203

Fishmaster1203 New Member

State:
    PA
    It's just out of Highland Marina on West Point Lake. There is a park with a fishing pier at the mouth, but you really need a boat.

8. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I pretty much a shore fisherman, don't have a boat yet.