post TBBB

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by fishstick, Dec 5, 2009.

1. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    hey ya'll, i called it quits on the Tawakoni Big Blue Bash a little early because of the winds today. thursday and friday were nice fishing days with winds between 10 and 15 mph but saturday morning we woke up to a very breezy start. with winds forecast from 15 to 20 mph and gusts to 30 i decided to call it a weekend. everyone else was tougher and braver than me and went out on the lake to fish. i hope they all had a safe day and caught some fish for their trouble.
    i'd like to say that it was a pleasure to meet dominoman (lonnie) and his crew (joe and 9 3/4 fingers), big sam and crew (johnny and regan), and a big surprise visit from tiny b (alan). of course it is always nice to see the old friends too. cass and johnnie, little mac and jennie, brandon and cali (and their friends that i forgot their names), gary and david. and if i missed anyone, i'm sorry.
    i know that gary and david were going to a lot of trouble to put on the fish fry tonight and sorry that janie and i missed it guys.
    and now for the confession---i put brand new batteries in both sets of my scales and in my camera and set their case by the front door so that i would be sure and not miss them when i loaded our stuff. well, i was out messing with the trailer lights and janie ask if i was ready to head out. thinking that i had gotten everything from the house we left and i didn't think to get my camera and scales by the front door. so, sorry guys, no pictures from me. but i think johnnie took enough for everyone.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Billy thanks for letting us know about the trip :cool2:

3. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    fishin was productive for cali and i at the tbbb but i had to leave early due to work tonight did get 2 7lb blues today and 2 smaller ones and a 40lb blue yesterday got him to the boat went to net him and my stinkin landing net fell apart o well gives me a better reason to buy a bigger one was great fun nice to see everyone again

4. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    cass and i made it home ok and without breaking any thing on boat or truck so this was a good trip for us.we cought a few small fish but the big fish eluded us.we are already looking forward to the next tawakinee trip.billy has already told ya who all was there and like him i enjoyed meeting new friends and seeing old friends.i havent down loaded pics yet but soon as i do ill get them up.dave and gary put on a spectacular main course of fish and im not 100 percent on it but i think little mac and his wife furnished the taters and cass pitched in the beans and corn bread.oh yeah cass had a jar of her delicous bread and butter pickels there to.to all you who were there thank you and good fishing if ya wernt there ya missed a great outing reguardless of the wind and cold.till next time god bless and happy holidays to all.

5. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Well glad to see some news from the TBBB trip, sorry all of you didn,t catch 2-3 new PB,s each while you were there . As long as you got to meet an greet, old an new friends ,an no one froze or blew away ,an you caught some fish ,glad yall had a good time :cool2:

6. Little Mac

Little Mac Active Member

State:
    NW Arkansa
    Just thought I would post that Jennie and I made it home safe. regardless of the wind and rough "seas" I had a good time anyways, Thankful to Gary and David for puttin it on. I think i caught around 8 fish total. No bigguns but thats fishin. To me it was not a loss as I got to fish a new to me lake and shoot the breeze with friends. Its not to far away an we already figure to go again. I will post some pics when I get em downloaded and have a rest. :smile2:

7. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    yea, we all owe a big thank you to gary for sponsoring this gathering. the fishing wasn't super but the camaraderie was. hope that we all can get together and do it again. for those that wanted to come but couldn't make it, maybe next time will be better for ya'll.

thanks again gary for sponsoring the TBBB.

8. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    Even though I wasn't able to spend but a few hours there Saturday I consider it a great trip. Got to finally meet up with some other members of the BOC! I've talked to a couple and have seen all the rest on line but meeting in person was great. Billie, as I told you we will definetly have to get together sometime on the Red river.Good to see David again and meet all the others. By the way I did catch three cats from the bank too. Two small channels and one blue about three pounds. Maybe next time I will get to bring my boat and spend the weekend.

9. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Glad to hear you guys had a good time sorry I wasn't able to make it but theres always next time

10. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Well yall I had a great time getting together with old friends, and getting to meet new ones. Weather was a little rough and the bigguns didn't show theirselves much, but overall I had a great time. I want to thank everyone who came out. I am hoping to make this an annual deal, maybe change the name from TBBB to Tawakoni Fish Camp....:smile2:. Cant wait to get together with yall again.

11. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I thought I would post that there were 3 really nice quality fish landed by members at the TBBB. A 60, 45, and a 40. There were many blues landed from 3 to 25 lbs. Dominoman and his crew are staying through Tuesday, hopefully they will have reports of some monsters landed when they get back on.

12. motard1

motard1 New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    WIsh I had made it. Had an incident with my buddys new Titan,a swamp,lots of coffee,police,etc. Glad yall had a good time.

13. trlrman

trlrman New Member

State:
    texas
    my 36 &28 dont count? lol

14. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    They sure do Jim, I was typing this in a sleepy haze on Sunday evening. Sorry about forgetting those fish.:eek:oooh:

15. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Gary, thanks for putting this thing together. This was my first gathering and we had a blast. Thanks also to you, Big Dave and everyone that threw the fish fry together. Big Sam forgot to throw in his drift socks but we managed to catch some anchor fishing. I had one good drive by that might have been a good fish. Big Sam had one about pull him out of the boat and the hook pulled out. We managed some up to 16 lbs. I'll post some pics when I get them downloaded. We learned a lot about the lake even though it was to rough to get out and fish anywhere, this lakes like Kerr you fish where it will let you that day :smile2:. Really nice meeting everyone and we look forward to coming back about Febuary.

16. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    oh and fyi johnnie and cass yall were right that was either poison ivy oak or sumac on that dang firewood cuz i got it good lol

17. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    Just wanted to send out another thank you to all that attended. I am waiting for my pics to get sent to me from the fish fry so I can post some. I will make the call tonight to hurry things along:wink:.

18. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    slowest dang picture posting i ever saw

19. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    It sure is Billy LOL. I have an excuse though, my pics arent on my camera they are on Kenny's and he was supposed to email them to me today. He took pics while I cooked.

20. fishstick

fishstick New Member

State:
    Fouke, Arkansas
    i was thinking a certain photographer from mena arkansas would have some pictures up by now.