Post Spawn flathead catfish??

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by semper fi, Jun 23, 2007.

1. semper fi

semper fi New Member

State:
    virginia
    The spawn should be over soon if its not already in my area, I was wondering if anybody has any post spawn tips for big lake flatheads.

2. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    if they are coming off the spawn they can be kind of hard to predict. i know they will be hungry though. look for the edges of drop offs or a nice big brushpile or timber. the will be around cover looking for some food. i cant wait until the come off the spawn out here. i am getting the itch, havent been able to catch any for a month

3. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    the ones I caught last weekend I believe were done, they were caught at the mouth of a feeder creek on the flat.

4. mattoonboy4

mattoonboy4 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    i fish about 500 yards from where a river drains into a large lake and i find that once they end the spawn they slow down a bit, however, we just began slayin' the flatheads and spawn should be over or just ending. so, the best advice i could give would be to say to just put the time in. i heard a guy caught a 49 lb flatty just last weekend in a lake about 30 min from where i fish, so go figure. the way i see it is that the reason big fish get big is because they never stop feeding. good luck.

5. Bigbluefisherman

Bigbluefisherman New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Did you catch them on the MO River? I hope that is your answer, because I ready for that spawn to be over so the will start feeding again!