Possible World record Maco Shark

Discussion in 'ALL OTHER FISH' started by Flatheadhunter33, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Dont know if anyone has seen this...should it really count if a shark is snagged the way this one was...too bad it had to die in the process...Never the less this a huge shark for a Maco...

http://news.aol.com/topnews/article...ound-mako-shark/20070421133809990001?cid=2194

Also, I would like to send a prayer out for the family and Blue Angles team as well as the soul of the pilot that passed away in Saturday's crash...May the Lord rest him.

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    And Burger King thought they owned the name Whopper. This fish just stole the show.Definitely a Whopper. Thanks for sharing.:lol: :big_smile:

3. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Why anyone would want to kill such an animal just because it is there is beyond me...W

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    theres something Im glad I didnt see when I was snorkling in the bahamas on my honeymoon. Im not afraid of sharks but that would have raised the hairs on the back of my neck for sure.

5. kickin_wing

kickin_wing New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Im not sure if you can claim a world record if it is snagged. Thats a big ol shark though.:eek:oooh:

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i dont live too far from there. makes me wonder about what else i swim with. i also send one out for the fallen angel get some in heaven devil dawgs!

7. sharkn1979

sharkn1979 New Member

State:
    georgia
    it was not foul hooked they just used flying gaffs and tail ropes to secure it for transport.

8. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    bet that was a heck of a fight!
    also you never know, they could have eaten it...

9. jeremy0000

jeremy0000 New Member

State:
    FLORIDA
    Thats an amazing shark. I'd hate to meet up with him on an afternoon swim.