Possible World Record Bass

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by tanner, Mar 29, 2006.

1. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
  2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Tanner that does look huge but the World Record is like 25lbs isnt it. That looks to be maybe 10-15lbs either that or the guy is just week from slinging all those little baits :grin-big:

3. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    World record LM bass is 22. 4 oz ... the one caught is California this past week was 25 pouinds, but proper protocal was not followed... what a shame... THE CATKING !!! :)

4. FlatGetter

FlatGetter New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thats deffinitely a nice one it looks about 12-15#.

5. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    yeah he snagged in the back or whatever...has to be hooked in the mouth...but i guess it's still up for debate whether it will be allowed as the new record holder or not. she sure is BIG! i'm not a bass lover at all..but i'd sure wouldn't mine reeling that thing in.

6. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    By the way tanner, you live in a very scenic area of Kentucky ...I've been through there more than a few times in my travels.... THE CATKING !!! :)

7. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    i know, mate! it's beautiful here and i'm very fortunate to be right smack dab in the middle of lake country. the lake is everywhere...i don't think there is a neighboorhood in somerset that doesn't butt up against it. i get to see it from my front porch...that is..when i'm not fishing on it! ;)

8. bsu_catfisher

bsu_catfisher New Member

State:
    Rising Sun, Indiana
    If my memory serves me right from an article I was reading, the guy in that picture is the fishing partner of the guy that currently holds the world record. That fish is also from the same lake, but there are many issues that are being disccussed, and who knows if it will ever make the record book. Last I heard it had a distinct mark that would make it recongizeable from all the other fish and the current world record had the same mark. Some people that thought it shouldn't make it in the record books if it is the same fish, just a couple years older and fatter which in my mind is a bunch of horse crap. If anyone hears if it makes it into the record books tell us...i would really love to know. By the way for you guessing the weight of that fish, it was just over 25lbs!!!!!

9. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    The one in the pic your talking about is 25lb. 1 oz.

10. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Looks like JAWS.

11. Fatkat

Fatkat New Member

State:
    Blanchester, Ohio
    Its Jaws catfish cousin "Paws", lol.

12. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    if they had caught her a week later after she roed out she wouldn't had been that big....my guess woulda beenabout 20 to 21 pounds...

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    IGFA Denies Pending World Record

DANIA BEACH, FL - The 71 year old George Perry record stands, after the IGFA declines to recognize the 22 pound 8 ounce bass caught by Leah Trew of Sant Rosa, California on August 24, 2003 as a world record.

Trew caught the bass on the 72 acre Spring Lake, a flood-control lake within Spring Lake Regional Park in Sanoma County. The water is noted for producing trophy-class largemouths, including a number of line class records caught by her son Javad, as well as the 24 pound bass caught by Paul Duclos in 1997.

Trew also applied to the National Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame, which also denied the big bass as a new world record. "It met all the requirements for a record, but not for an All-Tackle record. "said Executive Director Ted Dzialo, "We granted it a 12-pound line-class record."

Because the bass was released and could not be checked for foreign objects and other discrepancies, the NFWFHF could not grant an official world record. It did, however, recognize Trew's bass as an "Unofficial World Record."

"The rules say a potential world record must be examined; unfortunately that means killing the fish."

The fish was weighed on a IGFA certified Boga Grip, "It was 29 inches long, with a 25-inch girth, and pulled the scale to just over 22 pounds, 8 ounces," says Javad.

They only took one picture of the fish because, according to Javad, "there was only one exposure left on the disposable camera. I debated going to buy another one, but it was a five-mile drive and we were going to release the fish anyway, we always catch-and-release," explains Javad. "Besides, I really didn't think you could keep fish. There are signs posted that say removing any animal, alive or dead, from the park is prohibited." Spring Park Rangers confirm the signs, but added that small print at the bottom excludes fish.

After submitting applications to the IGFA and NFWFHA, the Trews contacted tackle manufacturers about possible promotions and sponsorships, yet they remained publicly silent, refusing all requests for interviews.

Only one of the tackle companies has shown interest so far, Stren has taken on Javad as a member of their field staff.

14. Big Country01

Big Country01 New Member

State:
    brandon,florida
    let me catch a record bass and i guarentee you that,that sucker is going in a live well or on a stringer.........

15. THE CATKING

THE CATKING New Member

State:
    Cattinatti
    For those interested, the flathead in my avatar is actually two big ones fused together as a joke on me by a friend....the guy is a wizard with the paintshop.... I forgot I had that pic in my folders and when I founf this great site, thanks to flathunter, I decided to us it ....;) ....back to the bass...:) THE CATKING !!!