Possible STEAL looming

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by Bill in SC, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Folks, my brother in law has been working for some rich cat in NC. He's been telling me about a boat this guy has, and does not use. I told him to get some details for me. He came by and described a 19 foot cuddy cabin boat with a huge outboard motor. Said the motor was late model, new tires on trailer... blah blah blah. He said I wouldn't believe how nice the boat is. Here's the kicker. The guy told him he would sell it to him, boat, motor and trailer, for EIGHT HUNDRED dollars!!!!!
    That's right... $800!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, my bro in law is not a boat person, and when something sounds too good to be true, it usually is, but... I am certainly going to check it out! Will keep you posted.
    BB in SC

2. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    damn bill.....at this rate, by next year you could open up a big peedee boat dealership.........:amazed: <- Big Chiefin! lmao

3. drpepper

drpepper New Member

State:
    Indiana
    lol, Thats what I was just thinking:smile2:

4. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Bill! Where can I find one of them there lucky horse shoes? Is it comfortable? :smile2::smile2:

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Bill that would be a good investiment. Go for it.

6. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Buy it Bill then I'll give you $1,000 for it!:big_smile:

7. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I'm planning on checkin' it out in the morning. Will post back tomorrow on it.

BB in SC

8. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Just talked to bro in law, and it will be about Wednesday before we get to go look at it. Will post upon inspection, and yes, I will sell it for a small nominal profit. :wink: Can't say anything until I inspect it.
    BB in SC

9. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Put the BILL inspect on it!
    Just remember you gotta keep it in the family! :wink:
    I could hardly see selling it to a Yankee! :wink:
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:!!!!

Buy it and paint it red too!!:eek:oooh:

10. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Shucks Sunbird I would rather be down there with Yall in my new boat I bought of Bill.:smile2:

11. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I really don't care about how comfortable the horseshoe is, as long as it works and catches me a 50lb flathead....

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I know a thing or two about this flathead fishy, but I NEVER heard of anyone catchin them on a horseshoe! :eek:oooh: If you don't mind, enlighten me? :wink:

13. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    I'm trying a horseshoe but I don't think it is a lucky one and besides it hurts when I walk upstairs...lol

14. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I checked out the boat today, and it was JUST as I had envisioned. A Bayliner Capri with a Force engine. NOT at all what I could buy, convert to a cat fishin' machine and resell for a profit. Oh well... Boy, I wish the Ski Barge that is on the BOC for sale page for $1000 was closer to here. It would be in my yard TODAY!
    Bill in SC