Possible sponsor for the Nebraska gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL NEBRASKA TALK' started by newtothesport, Jun 2, 2009.

1. newtothesport

newtothesport New Member

State:
    nebraska
    I talked to a fishing shop today about possibly donating some fishing stuff for our tourney. They owners are talkning about what they are going to be willing to donate and should know around next week. However as a way to thank them I was curious what we could do as far as a public thanks here on the BOC so as not to break any of the rules. I would also hope that during the gathering we would be able to give this shop our business for bait and tackle. They have a well stocked arsenal of hooks, heavy braided string, weights, rods/reels and a slew of assorted catfish baits from prepared baits to liver and live baits. So those of you who are attending the gathering lets get a tally of go/no-go and if you would be willing to give this shop your business(I would be willing to drive everyone into town to the shop.) If a count could be made of gaining customers this could easly increase the donations for us and create a lasting relationship with the business and the Nebraska BOC.

2. thecatman

thecatman New Member

State:
    Graham, Texas,
    i'll shop there if i'm able to make it and it that will all depend on how long before i get paid by the army but all things are looking good for me going

3. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Luke,

We charge sponsors for advertising on the BOC, and members donate through the star program, this is how we raise cash to operate.

The two do not mix, unless the shop is wanting to advertise on the BOC.

Local gatherings do not need to be complicated. People show up to enjoy each others company, eat, and do a little fishing.

Anything more than that is stretching into logistics that dont need to be breeched.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Paul i understand now that we can not post on the open board there info ,but would it be o k to have a poster at the gathering, thanking anyone or any business that made a donation to the gathering. Such as door prizes ,just wanting to stay within guide lines :confused2:

5. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    Sure, happens all the time..

As long as the focus isn't lost on why we are there.

6. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Thanks PAUL ; for clearing that up for me ,it,s ok to have a sign or poster at the gathering thanking them for there donations :cool2:

7. newtothesport

newtothesport New Member

State:
    nebraska
    We hope to have a mini-tourny with a few prizes. As always everyone is coming to share information and tactics. The fellowship of the common ground is by far the best i have ever been around with an added excitment of maybe some new string or a package of hooks. Basically it could be a really neat way to set up a first timer as many of the guys have done with me in the past. I hope to give the bait shop a certificate of appreciation with a pic of all of us at the gathering as a thank you, as well as being recognized at the event for their donation to a great club. I hope that wouldn't cross the line:eek:oooh:.

8. Big Vic

Big Vic New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Not trying to be a party pooper !! All of this sounds great ! :smile2: But I think that the more we can keep things on the simple and easy side the more enjoyment people will have. Don't get me wrong I like winning just as much as anyone else. I just don't want to see the gathering turn in to a big contest weekend ! I'm looking forward to meeting the people and the fellowship as well as doing some fishing

9. jrgriffhusker

jrgriffhusker New Member

State:
    Minden, Nebrask
    I'm there for the fishing and the fellowship. I'd like to win the mini-tourney but mainly I'm there to have fun and to put some live faces to the people I've chatting with here online. I hate to be a bummer but if I'm buying bait anywhere I will end up at Emerald mini-mart just because that's the place I've always gotten my bait from when I lived in Lincoln. I buy all my line at Cabelas and everything where ever I can. If I have time I'd be more than willing to go check out the place but all I'll probably leave with is a pack of hooks. But hey that's just me.

10. newtothesport

newtothesport New Member

State:
    nebraska
    Ok well been doin some talking and I dont want this to be a mess with hurt feelings or someone bein upset. Bigvic gave me a much better idea. Try to keep the winning catch to be an honor to win rather than a prize and end up with people coming to "make money". I surely dont want to deviate from the main reason we have a gathering, the fellowship! Hope to use any donations in a door prize drawing, throw your name in a hat and luck of the pull. I realize after talking to vic that this could destroy what we are all here for.

11. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    What I'm thinking is, arrangements should be made to discuss what rules and agreement is made, before heading out on the water!! I agree with BigVic!! Let's keep this simple and have a great time, not make a big deal out of this competition. Big fish for channel and blue. As was said. NO DEAD FISH!! Anybody that wants to chip in, like hooks, weights, line, tackle in general, rods and reels, that would be great. Money? Sure why not. Maybe around $10 a piece or whatever. Don't want to compete? That's fine too. Heck, let's have fun and not worry about busting a$$ about the competition. Besides, I'll win it anyway!!!!!!!:wink: Just kiddding!!

If I bring my boat, I will allow only 2 people besides myself in the boat. I hate crowded boats, especially when fishing. Hate the thought of having more than 5 to 6 lines in the water and a big cat is coming in and wraps itself in the other lines. Solution!!> Have everybody reel there lines in fast and that should eliminate this happening!!

Let's get this together and discuss where and when all of us should meet and talk about what to do!!

Mark..

12. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    For the most part, let's help each other and for those who do not have a boat, then let's take them with us!! No cocky attitudes!!:angry:

I'm still planning on bringing a friend with me for the gathering, it's not positive as of yet. What this means is only one more member can come into the boat with me, but I'm thinking I'll make an exception because I'm an easy person to get along with as long as you respect me, and my boat. Not to be an A-Hole, but I don't like people that are Cocky or tell me how to fish or what not. If this happens, I will personally take you back to the shore and you're on your own!! For this reason, I'm thinking this will not happen from what I've seen on this Nebraska Forum. Sounds to me we have a great bunch of guys here. Let's keep it clean and fun. I'm getting anxious for the face-to-face conversation!! Talk fishing and I will listening!!

13. Frankie B

Frankie B Guest

two many chiefs not enuff indians......

14. iluvnevaeh

iluvnevaeh New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    Ok, i think lukes intentions got a little misconstrued , if thats how u spell it. The tourney is just something that was brought up by several people in PM's. its only for one night and obviously not the reason that all of us are driving from all over the state to go to BO. The gathering is for all of us to meet n great. have sum fun and do sum fishin. I like wat luke did and i believe he had the right intentions, he called me before he did it and i thought it was ok.. The tourny thing was jsut a one night deal and if ya dont wanna do it thats fine too. Just thought it would be a little fun n bring out our competitive side. Im looking forward to finally meeting all of you and having a good time. The tourny is gonna be real simple, just an overnite thing that if your more than welcome to join in on or not. I hope we all have a good time and i hope i get to meet all of you and do some fishin. Lookin forward to gettin the biggest channel cat too, need some new hooks and gas money!!! :smile2: For those of you that have Pm'd lettin me know suggestions and donated things so we can have some door prizes, thanks!!