Possible new state record flathead catfish

Discussion in 'Flathead Catfish' started by cherokee laker, Jun 23, 2006.

1. cherokee laker

cherokee laker New Member

State:
    georgia
    A Screven GA, man has possibly broken GA's rod and reel record at approximately 83 lbs...DNR is in the process of checking this out right now.

more details to follow

cherokee laker

2. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Golly, I wouldn't know what to do with something like that on my line... That's what I envy about you southern boys, you don't just have catfish, you have Catfish...:big_smile: Thanks for posting...

3. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Do you know if it was flathead or blue?

4. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Yeah...what species was it? Do you have any more details? These are the stories I love to read on this site!

5. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Let us know more about it. I don't think the states do enough publicity about new record catches.

6. cherokee laker

State:
    georgia
    Flathead.............I just got back from gandering at him, the Happy fisherman is a member on here .......he credits this website and all of you fellows for his success........................I told him I was gonna have to wait and let him tell the story..........
    It is a mighty fine sight to see!!!

But I will post some pics for him as soon as the Chamber of Commerce emails them to me.

cherokee laker

7. cherokee laker

State:
    georgia
    HE has been certified by GA DNR
    Ga has a new state record..........83lbs

Congratulations Carl!!!!!

8. channelcat_tracker

channelcat_tracker New Member

State:
    Iowa
    now how come i cant catch anything over 5 POUNDS!!!!!! GRRR I ENVY THEM!!!!!!:tounge_out:

9. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    I would love to hook into one like that

10. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    man 83 thats 10lbs more then the CA record, cangrats to the dude be looking forward of seeing the pics, but ill have to what until after the weekend cuz i will b looking 4 an 80lber here, there looken to get the big one this summer out on the river

11. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    i would love to break a r&r record!!!cant wait to see those pics.

12. catcam

catcam New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Very cool! Can't wait to hear all the details! In addition, the guy that had the flathead record before that was under investigation from the Wayne County Tourn, I guess that's all water under the bridge now? This fish is 16 lbs larger! Way to go, Carl! Get some shots up :big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

13. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    83 lbs of mad Flathead:crazy: ....I can only imagine what that must have been like:confused2: ...whew! Congrats to the member who met the challenge!:big_smile: As soon as I know who ya are, you definately have Rep coming from me.:wink:

14. dcaruthers

dcaruthers New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Man that just isn't going to fly. Alabama's record is only 80 lbs. I just have more reason to go out hunting flatheads tonight...I'll see you Georgia boys squirm when I catch the 84 pounder.

15. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    and the old record was 67.8 lbs just blowed it away

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Oh man, great news to hear, one of our very own BOC members breaking a record. Can't wait to hear more!

17. cherokee laker

State:
    georgia
    Fellows he goes by Stumpknocker, he's fairly new here...............I think he's being bombarded with phone calls and publicity..........

cl

18. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    Hopefully he will get some time to tell us a little bit about this and show us his monster...:big_smile:

19. GaDNR

GaDNR New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I talked with his father-in-law, who is an officer, today and he stated that the fish was legally caught. I also talked with him a couple of days ago down on the river and he stated that his son-in-law had been fishing awful hard. I am extremely glad that we do not have to worry about the other fish anymore. For some of you that might have came down for the catfish tournament the river level was at 7 feet then, it is now about 3 feet. Good luck all and good fishing.

20. Memphis_Catfish_King

Memphis_Catfish_King New Member

State:
    Memphis,TN
    wow bet that was fun to catch..wonder how long he fought the fish before landing it.cant wait see pictures of that monster