POSSIBLE NEW CAT BOAT!!!!

Discussion in 'Boating' started by Wvawitrado, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    I thought you guys would get a kick out of this I might buy it for a cat boat not sure yet its only 500

2. bigBB

bigBB Member

State:
    St.Louis, MO
    i saw a video of a boat like that on youtube.. that little jon boat was running like a scalded dog.. not sure how good it would be for a cat boat but hey.. for the money it would be a blast to play in.

3. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    Yeah there is this river that has huge cats in it but the water is so shallow it would be perfect

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Maybe it's just the camera lens, but it looks narrow. I'd be sure to check the stability out when you do an on-the-water test. Remember, only noodlers actually want to get in the water after the fish!

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I don't see how in the world the seal would hold very long on a rig like that but ya never know.

If it works I can see more and more of them getting on the market.

6. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    I would think so also considering it actually is good working and efficient they could use these for a number of things but getting to a secluded area, duck hunting, guides, the possibility is endless. Also he says it will still push you through 6 inch deep water

7. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    The jon boat w/the jetski motor on you tube was running on medina lake here in Texas

8. Wvawitrado

Wvawitrado New Member

State:
    California, Fresno
    LOL i haven seen the you tube of this I just saw this ad on craigslist and i think i might buy

9. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
    Does any one have any experience with Falcon boats, namely the Grande Pro. I am entertaining the idea of buying one and just wanted some input on how it fished and handled big lakes in the wind.

If not tis boat is 18 ft, 73 in beam rated for 120hp. The console is located all the way in the front leaving the rest of the boat for fishing. Including the captains chair in the front it has two other captains chairs with 1 in center and 1 in the rear for a total of 3. The center seat is removable while the front and rear have storage/bait/livewell under them. This boat is fiberglass and weighs 1100 lbs dry with motor if i remember correctly

Any disadvantages to front console boat while underway or fishing in comparrision to side or center console.

Thanks for your input.

10. jedimanhunter

jedimanhunter New Member

State:
    Texas
  11. catman4926

catman4926 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jeff,

Never heard of that make down south, but I would think it would be ruff riding ,just my thoughts

12. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Actually, it can make for a smoother ride. I had an aluminum bass boat rigged like that, and when I was by myself, my weight counterbalanced the weight of the motor, letting the boat ride more level. Yeah, I know, if you've got power tilt & trim you can trim the motor so that the boat rides level, but I didn't, and anyway, it seems like it would be better to not have a problem than have a way to counter it. Running my jonboat by myself, I have to make sure I put all my heavy gear in the front of the boat.