Possible N.E. Ky/border of OH and WV 1-day get together.

Discussion in 'LOCAL KENTUCKY TALK' started by catfishjohn, Mar 1, 2007.

1. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Anybody that lives fairly close to Ashland Ky boat docks,Greenup Locks & dam please read this!!!
    I'd like to get a few BOC members together at a location close to Ashland,KY possibly on the river and have a one day meet and greet.Maybe swap some fishing stuff-hooks,sinkers,line,ETC. Also,maybe get a couple grills and cook some hamburgers/hot dogs and bank-fish the river/wherever we go.If anybody wants to bring a boat,that'd be cool.I don't have one and nobody I fish with has one either.
    I'd love to get to meet some of you fine people.
    If at all possible,I'd like to try to get a date someday next month.I don't work so give me some ideas please.My birthday is April 17,not sure the day but that wouldn't be a good day.
    I'm welcoming all ideas and would love to get some interest in this.Maybe everybody throw $10 in a pot and big-fish take all with a % going to the BOC.
    Mods,if anything is out of order,PM me or change what you need.
    Thank You,
    John

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    If anybody has any ideas,let me know.If we can get 10-15 people,it'll be a blast.There is some pretty good fishing there.
    Ky Jake,,,mailhiker,,,mwwham,,,riverking,,,Tea,,,fishhook,,,JW,,,DH,,,I know there's lost of OH/WV/KY members that are fairly close.
    Enough people,we could fish all day and all night till early next morning.
    There is a tackle shak pretty close that I can get you all good deals on about anything.PM me and I'll give you my phone # and talk about some of this.I can also get good bait cheap from there and shad will be no problem.
    You OH guys don't need a KY license to fish the main stem of the OH!
    Also,the shad can be caught(Big Shad) by the wall by the dam on the OH side.
    You All Let Me Know When and if any is interested in a one day fishing/fish fry/burgers/hot dogs/sodas/water.
    I'm ready soon,let me know and I'll take care of all the little details!
    John

3. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bump,Bump,Bump to the top...Hoping somebody will at least consider it...:sad2:

4. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    John,
    I would probably make it.My boat is out of order and hope to have it fixed by mid April but also do bank fishing.Are the fish out of the river fit to eat now?
    I used to eat sauger from the river but not catfish,
    Jake

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Yes,I read in the KY DNR and you can eat so much a month.Its safe unless you over-do it.I was hoping around the first weekend of April but whatever the majority goes with,I'll do it.I'm looking for a cheap project boat-10-16' jon or similar.Motor doesn't matter,I want a project I can work on.Only thing is,I have very little $ to get it.Thats why I want a project one.Get it for next to nothing.If you hear anything,let me know.
    Lets keep this going...I wanna do it really bad! I wanna meet some of my Bros!!!

It'd be great if some of those Henderson guys would come up for some lessons! LOL!
    Nah,their probably scared...LMAO!!!

6. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Dont pick the same weekend as the pickwick gathering and I will try to be there.

Dave

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    What weekend is that? This will just be a day event...I think.
    I'd love to meet you though!!!

8. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    I hope you guys realize how lucky you are to live close enough together to be able to fish together. Fishing with a group of friends is priceless in my book. I just cant think of anything id rather do. If you get together please take lots of pictures!!!

9. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    I agree Buddy.I can't wait to meet you and shake your hand.I feel like i've known you forever.I hope we get to meet at the Henderson Gathering!!!
    There will be lots of pics,I promise!!!

10. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hey, look what I found. lol

I'll be there if at all possible. Just let me know when in advance.

11. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Well,sometime in April.A saturday I guess.I can't be the same weekend as pickwick(no idea when it is) When is best for the majority is fine with me.
    We'll see when that other gathering is and go from there.
    I really wanna do this so I can meet some of you all!!!
    Or even early May???

12. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Alright,the best 2 days I can make it are April 7th and 14th. This isn't anything special,just kind of a meet & greet and try to catch some fish.
    You all let me know and whatever gets the most votes is the day we'll do it.

13. dademoss

dademoss Member

State:
    Ohio
    Either is good for me.

I do have a long weekend the 7th, because Easter is the 8th.

14. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY

Thanks Dave,
    I forgot all about that.I'm not totally with it,way behind on sleep.
    Some people may wanna stay at home that weekend.I don't know,either is fine with me also.We'll see what happens.

15. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Bringing this back up to see if there is any interest in this.I'll be going fishing those days whether anybody comes or not. :roll_eyes: :big_smile:

16. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    count me in john ,just let me know when.

17. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    What about the week (Saturday) after Easter? April 14.That'll work out good for me,my birthday will be 3 days after that...I may just stay fishing for a few days...:lol:

18. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I should be able to do 4-14-07.
    How is the river looking now?
    Going to Grayson this afternoon as it is to be a nice warm day
    Jake

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    As of now I am good to go those days. My birthday is April 6th, we'll celebrate together, lol.

20. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    LMAO! That sounds good!

Ok,so far we've got...
    1. catfishjohn
    2. kyjake
    3. dademoss
    4. teaysvalleyguy
    5. catfishn72

If anybody else wants to join us the more the better!!!