possible lead sinker ban in ill proposed

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by lissaannjon, Feb 16, 2009.

1. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    I know there are quite a few of you on the ill side in the club so I wanted to make sure you all have seen this and let your state reps know what you think. those of use on the iowa or missouri sides could be directly affected by this as well if were on the mississippi river. right now I see in the "fine print" they want to ban 1 oz or less but we all know if they get that passed next year they will up their antics and get more and more banned! heres a link in the ill section that I dont think made it to the main board. take a look and LET YOUR CONGRESS KNOW!!!:confused2::confused2:

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103427

2. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    So what are we gonna have to do now? BUY all of our sinkers pre-made? Or set up a home foundry to obtain the higher melting points of acceptable substitutes?

Hope it fails. I realize they are only talking about smaller sinkers but once they get a toe-hold it can only get worse.

3. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    not suprizing at all really, knew it would only be a matter of time after they went gooffy on lead shot for duck hunters.........

4. lissaannjon

lissaannjon New Member

State:
    Dubuque, IA
    you got that right darryl! i just hope our ill borthers get ahold of this and start screaming to their congressman or alot of us across the river that have no say could take it in the shorts as well!

5. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    i agree hopefully it does not pass cause it aint right its true they will keep moving up

6. BKS72

BKS72 New Member

State:
    East of KC
    Screw them, I'll go to depleted uranium, see how the ducks like THAT:smile2:

7. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    im with you on the screw them !!!!

even if it past like any real fisherman would pay any attention to it anyway :smile2::smile2:

more ducks and geese then ever and if they eat lead wether out of a shot gun ( ya i know thats illegal also ) or from a sinker well ooooops another bites the dust !!!!!!:cool2:

8. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo

If they thinks thats bad I wonder what they would have done with everybody using old spark plugs , and old rusty big nuts below truman dam in the late 70s and early 80s bank fishing off the rocks lol :smile2:
    fish sure didnt care !!!!!!!!!!! ya didnt take a stringer most used a wheel barrel to hall them back to the truck ...