Possible gathering sites for California in 2006

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by daystarchis, Feb 23, 2006.

1. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    I thought it be a good idea to start a thread to throw around some ideas for potential gathering spots this year. Along with the Central Cal gathering, a lake would be cool. There is Clear lake, Pardee, New Melones to name a few. I would be more than happy to help anyone organize it. Look to hold the 3rd Annual Central Cal gathering in May. Come on folks, Throw out them ideas;)

2. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    I like the idea of clear lake since I never fished there before. Around the time that they have the derby there would be nice so we could compete in that as well. A 2 day event there would be cool. We could rent the cabins there, have a few guys who have boats, and go after the nice channels there. Its been a while since I been to No Cal. That should be a good event.

3. riverbud55

riverbud55 Well-Known Member

State:
    AZ Topock-/CA Riverside
    Name:
    Dale Miller
    man im good for that just reading about the clear lake cats last nite and just happen to be thinking about how cool :cool: a gathering would be there, never knew about the nice cats they pull out of there, man id love to hook up a 30lb channel cat wow man i could take 3 or 4 other dudes with me in the crew cab and ill bring my pontoon

man I got to go, head to the river 2 1/2 hr drive
    see ya gone fishing

4. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    The Derby is Held May 19, 20 and 21. Entry is $45.00. Here is the website.
    http://www.clearlakeoaks.org/index.html?main.htm~main
    AWESOME idea guys!!!!! A lot of nice blk bass and crappie too. I entered the derby last year. Bert is up that way and Phillip too. Man a toon on CL.... A want in on this:worship: Lets see what kind of responce. We can have mini gatherings as well. Here is a few links about clear lake. Catfish Ed has a nice site too. Check it out.
    http://www.clearlake.ca.us/rec_fishing.html

http://www.catfished.com/

5. karodi

karodi Guest

I fished the tournement up there in 2004. I had a great time very tuff fishing. The winds are no joke up there. Meet alot of very nice people CatfishEd,Araiderfreak and few others. 11 hours trip pulling a boat from southern cal. I might be down again if everyone in up for it. M&M campsite is the spot to camp. We camp at rainbow campsite i think it was called. Very nice and clean spot. Keith
    Also what about:
    Lake Lopez
    Lake Casitas
    Lake Berryessa

6. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Good info Keith. Welcome to the BOC. Casitas is good. Isabella another good one too. I be up to make one of em. You ever fish Pyramid?

7. karodi

karodi Guest

Yes i have fished Lake Pyramid before. Only caught some small bullheads. Not really sure if anything descent is in there. Casitas has nice cats up to 30+. The thing is people chase those big bass there and the Cat guys are tight lip about spots. Keith

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Can you camp at Casitas? How is the shore access? I am game for a trip there. They got them big florida bass there too;)