Possible fall fishing trip/Cumberland River.

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE RIVERS TALK' started by canepole, Sep 17, 2006.

1. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    Lets all get together and fiqure out a date, To meet and fish on the Cumberland river. Keep in mind, Deer season? And thanksgiven..

Any time in Nov or Dec will work for me,.except for Nov the 11th. Also I would like for it to be on a saturday. because of my work schedule.Bryan Mentioned that he posted on here about having A fall day of fishing, But I can't find it.

2. Abu65

Abu65 Member

State:
    Kentucky
    What part or area (town) of the Cumberland would this be on?

3. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    I'll be there if its not on a weekend I'm working for Nov I'm off on Nov 4 on Saturday and Nov 18 on Saturday not that i want everyone to work around my schedule i just letting you know the Saturdays I'm of in Nov

4. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Now im from Ohio, but thats definantly something i would like to do

5. my4x4awd

my4x4awd New Member

State:
    TN
    I would like to get in on this one. I was having boat trouble during the last one. Im rebuilding the engine right now. The boat is done and Im dying not being able to get on the water. Put me down, Ive got some vacation days to take anyway.

Craig

6. catfish-for-life

catfish-for-life New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I would be interested, but currently don't have a boat. I am planning on buying a 16 or 18 ft. jon boat, but want to wait until winter so I can hopefully find a better deal. Where at on the cumberland? I am about 50 miles from the steam plant in Cumberland City.

7. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    jay even if you don't have a boat I'm sure there will be plenty of folks that will have extra room for ya

8. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    This will be on the Cumberland and most likly be outta Cumberland City Area...
    I reckon we can work on the date, I need to find out when deer hunting dates are, and as soon as I do that, I will post them on this thread...

9. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
  10. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    I'll try to be there. I'm gonna be in Illinois the weekend of the 17th of November so I can't make it that weekend. The weekend of the 10th of November is a no hunt weekend for us. That's the weekend between muzzleloader and gun season. I could definately make it that weekend, barring no problems at home, etc. Or we could do it in October too. Steamplant area sounds good to me too. Water temps ought to be down good by then.

11. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I will try to be there if at all possible!
    Folks these trips on the cumberland are a blast, I have been to two of them and I can honestly say, "I had a great time".
    There is nothing like fishing the cumberland in snow, LOL!!!

12. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The date doesn't matter to me. I will attend and let me say this, I am tired of being the worst catfisherman in Tennessee so I will catch the biggest fish of the weekend. Is it time Yet ?

13. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I got a dinner planned at our local commuity center for sat the 11th of Nov, and I can't fish that w/end, any other time will work for me,Boy's we can make this thing happen and I am sure we'll all have a blast.

14. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    I hope to make it. but will know better when a date is set for it.
    But guessing if you will plan it between mussel loader and gun season you would be better off.
    AS theres a few that would make it. That deer hunts and would be there if its not gun season.
    Pete

15. canepole

canepole New Member

State:
    Woodlawn Tennessee
    I wished I could change the date for our dinner at the c/center, But its locked in and the center is booked solid.

16. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    i would like to try to make it to this

17. Michael

Michael New Member

State:
    Clarksville TN
    i'm open for the 4th and the 18th of nov

18. Puddycat

Puddycat New Member

State:
    Clarksville,TN
    I can make it any Saturday except Thanksgiving weekend. Lets get it together.

19. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Why don't we make it the last weekend in October? I haven't read anything about that weekend yet. The 11th was just a suggestion based on my schedule, but it's no big deal if it's another weekend. I'll be there if it's scheduled for a day when I can, but if I'm hunting, then I'll have to pass on this one.

20. stephens

stephens New Member

State:
    clarksville tn
    i can make it any time and am looking forward to it.