possible bad news for jr fans

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by JERMSQUIRM, Oct 3, 2008.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    seems like his week aint starting out well. crashed and totalled his primary car today in practice.

2. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Yeh...not the day they wanted for the Amp Energy 500 I'd say...lol

3. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    sometimes the back up car is the better car maybe this will be one of thoes times

4. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Sometimes they get hung up on one chassis so much that they wont try something new.
    May not be a bad thing.
    I'll put it this way, if he was with another organization other then Hendricks I might be a little worried. With Hendricks, different story. I imagine the backup will be just as good and maybe better.

Hell Gordon won the Winston in a backup pulled right off the trailer after he crashed on the first lap of the Winston. Anybody remember that controversial allstar race?
    It had rained and in the first turn on the first lap Gordon and others piled up.
    They red flagged the race and NASCAR let Gordon pull a backup off the trailer.

I doubt seriously it will be a junk car. Most likely the drag coefficient numbers are just a tick off of the primary car. Not a big deal, especially with the restrictor plate/ car package they run now.
    It would be more critical for a qualifying run.

Could be a blessing in disquise. Obviously what they have been running hasn't put him in victory lane on a restrictor plate track thus far.

5. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    I am sure they will field a quality car!

6. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i remember it very well it had rained and he spun out i cheard when he crashd bood when he won lol but that was one to remember so JR had the same opertunaty now

7. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I agree, and especially at Dega, I say he'll lead for the first time by lap 25...:big_smile:

8. Flootie16

Flootie16 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    your talking about Hendricks Motorsports not DEI, their back up car will be just as good as their primary car. Remember, Rick puts a lot of money in those cars and makes sure his back up cars are just as good just in case

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lol, if the driver is as good as the back up car he might have a shot.:eek:oooh:

10. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    That's more true at Talladega than anywhere else imo, the decisions you make and when are just as or more important than how good your car is.