Possible '07 Ohio Gathering

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by jason454ci, Jan 16, 2007.

1. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Ok fellow Ohio brothers, with Neocats roll call up over 60 I figured I would see what the interest is in a gathering this year. Please chime in and lets see how many are interested in have a get together. Last years gathering was a blast as long as you overlooked the weather. lol. I was thinking of a little later this year. Lets all throw some ideas out there as far as dates, locations and interest. Then we can take it from there.

2. catmanofohio

catmanofohio New Member

State:
    Aberdeen (Southern Ohio)
    well i live in the VERY south of ohio... like 15 mins from the river... takes approx. 2 hrs to get to columbus, 2 hrs from cincinatti, lets see here.. most big lakes cats start spawning in late july- late august... so... id say before july

3. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    flatheads will be on spawn early to mid april if the weather holds if not early may will be prime time,I for one will try to make it

4. Phatdaddy

Phatdaddy New Member

State:
    ohio
    Sounds like a good time, try to be there. Good areas for the bankfishing as well would be nice for those of us who dont float.

5. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Sounds good to me. I would like to see an Ohio river/ Muskingum River deal, or even Cinci Ohio river deal. If you want a channel cat extravaganza, the Dillon IS the water of choice.

6. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Im interested also, lets get a place and go. I do want a little better weather this time :lol: , and maybe catching something so we can have a fish fry. Shawn your daughters 8lbr wouldnt feed us all so we need a little more quanity. Just like Jason said last year was a blast and could have been better but cant control the weather.

7. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Arrrr, shiver me timbers. It sure was a cold one last yearr! Arrrr, I be up fer one any wheres on the waters, Arrrr! :001:

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I like the suggestion about the Muskingum River and Dillon combo around Zanesville, fairly centralized to most folks, I skipped last years since Im right on the Indiana border and about 2 hrs drive time would be my limit.
    Ohio River also works for me assuming its in the Western half of the state, Too hard to get to the anywhere East of Portsmouth for most folks
    Just my opinion.
    Salmonid

9. fishhook

fishhook New Member

State:
    Willow Woo
    I'm game for anywhere you all want to go, just pick a spot.

10. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Based on the roll call, the sugesstion about having it somewhere around Zanesville sounds best. It is probably the most centralized location for all. I wouldn't mind wetting a hook or two in the Muskingham at all. I'll help any way I can, but someone from that area needs to step up and take charge. I think the middle part of June would be a good time frame.

11. pokerkat

pokerkat New Member

State:
    Ohio
    if this is going to happen near Zanesville or even on the Muskingum I am def. in and I will bring a friend.

12. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    channel-cats are on spawn starting the 1st 2 weeks of june, thats the best chance at a trophy channel cat

13. The Joker

The Joker New Member

State:
    ohio
    i perfer gmr im !!!!!!!!!!!:lol: :lol: :lol: :cool2:

14. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    Keep the idea's coming guys, all input is welcomed. A muskingum river or dillon lake outing sounds good to me. The muskingum holds some nice flatties and dillon is great for big spring channels.If we hold it on the muskingum in zanesville there is a campground less than 1/2 mile from riverside ramp. Dillon has a large campground close to a ramp also. I can check with them about rates and room for parking boats and such. An late may or early june date sounds good. Hopefully it will be warm by then. Just keep the opinions coming and I will see what I can get put together.

15. zcat

zcat New Member

State:
    ohio
    My vote would be the muskingum river.Pretty much in middle of the state with great catfishing. A central location for almost everyone. Even though its a 3 hour drive for me. Zanesville area...

16. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Jason,
    Let's check into the campgrounds close to Muskingham. FInd out their rates and get me some contact information for them. Maybe I can talk them into a discount or club rate if I advertise for them during the NEOCATS Tournaments. Either place is fine. However, I hear there are some nice cats at Salt Fork and Piedmont too.

17. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    I'll also put my vote in for either June 16th, or June 23rd. Both dates fall between NEOCATS tourneys so I could attend either weekend.

18. Phatdaddy

Phatdaddy New Member

State:
    ohio
    I'll put my vote in for Jun 23. Will also be fishing the Neocats tourney. Also late enough into june the nights will be more tolerable. I hear Dillon has nice campground also...

19. tcba1987

tcba1987 New Member

State:
    Dennison, Ohio
    id be interested in attending for sure, Zanesville im pretty sure i can make it down that far any farther and i would have to pass due to my health and i dont travel well !! sounds like a FUN time and it would be nice to meet alot of you guys !!! really i only know a few of you guys in person, teaysvalley, neocats, catfish_hunter. pokerkat and snobal

20. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    June 23 sounds good to me also (at least for now), if my son is playing baseball I may not be able to attend for the whole thing.