portable fishfinder

Discussion in 'Fishing Electronics Review' started by Catfish_Scooter, Dec 3, 2009.

1. Catfish_Scooter

Catfish_Scooter New Member

State:
    Tennessee
  2. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2009

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I had the RF15 you,ve shown.I got it because the screen was larger than the others.Turned out to be a bad move,it,s a real pain in the ass trying to place the screen somewhere that you can view it while your reeling it in.It was too hard looking down and watching where the transducer was at the same time.I returned it and got the RF25,which is the rod mount model.That worked out great,everythings right in front of you where you can see it.If your interested in one,maybe you might want to hold off Aaron,Cabelas runs them 1/2 off at least twice a year.:wink:

4. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Ok thanks for telling me. I didnt ever research there for them. I will check it out.

5. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    Hey man i just ordered the RF 25 from cabelas.com for 79.99 well 97.99 with s&h. I really like the concept and i hope it'll allow me to find structure and drop offs:confused2:. Its expected to come in this tuesday so i'll let you know sometime this week how she works. PS if you got one already let me know how your works lol

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  6. mrgib31

mrgib31 New Member

State:
    Conway, Arkansa
    I have a hand held fish & depth finder that I got as a gift from walmart.com. The cost was $45 & it works great. You can place the lanyard around your neck & hang the screen from. just drop the sonar in the water & turn it on. You may try that for a lot less money. It is a Hawk Eye F33P just larger than the palm of your hand!

7. Catfish_Scooter

State:
    Tennessee
    Ok keep me posted Jake on how it does for you. Also, James I don't recall hearing of a hawkeye depthfinder before but thanks for letting me know about it I am going to check it out here soon.

Bottom Line: Trying to find an affordable depthfinder that will give every detail and feature.

Thanks again everyone for your feedback.

8. Jnagel

Jnagel New Member

State:
    Illinois.
    will do lil buddy

9. The_Black_Cat

The_Black_Cat New Member

State:
    Texas