port slant to boat

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by jholl949, May 20, 2009.

1. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    When going on plane, the boat slants to the left(port) side. It levels off upon deceleration but does it again when you accelerate to plane.
    What could be causing this and what can I do to fix it?

2. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    do you have a hook or a bend in the hull ? has it always done this or is it something new , if new have u loaded, the boat differently than the way u loaded it before ,could be a weight distribution problem , just some things to think about

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    What type of boat is it and if you can view in side where the foam is and see if its water logged and also check your trim tab and see if it has losened up and moved this can move a little and cayse this notion without affecting the steering.

4. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Bubba, It's a 1989 Nissan 16' "bass" type boat with a 70 horse Nissan motor. Ive looked inside the boat where the bilge pump, gas tabk, etc. is but see no foam. There are drain scuppers in the floor of the boat in two places but I've never seen water in them.
    The trim tab is located by where the whale tail mounts, correct? How do I know whether it moved and where to reset it if it has?

5. jholl949

jholl949 New Member

State:
    Mannford. Oklah
    Any idea where a trim tab/anode for this motor can be found?