port of cattoosa

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA RIVERS TALK' started by okiefishkiller, Nov 5, 2009.

1. okiefishkiller

okiefishkiller New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    has anybody ever been run out of the port while they were catching bait? i havent personaly been run out, but ive heard a couple stories. i didnt think they could run a person out if your not on a barg or on their land. if im in my boat, how can that be? i always thought there is law that said if im on a peice of navigable water, the state says i have a rite to be there.(i sometimes confuse rite with obligation, ha ha). i know there are some sharper hooks than me out there, can somebody with a little leagal sense help out an old catman. after all i spent rhe better part of a misguided youth on that river.

2. coyote

coyote New Member

State:
    Verdigris, Ok
    Usually doesn't take me long to get what I need and I don't go past the point that has the sign saying something about not going any farther.

3. Quackshutr

Quackshutr New Member

State:
    Oklahoma, Collinsville
    I've never fished over there...........can you guys give me some help.
    Where do you put in?
    and not looking for a honey hole but where do most folks fish if fishing from a boat???

Thankssssss

Q

4. okiefishkiller

State:
    oklahoma
    ilive in east tulsa near catoosa, so i always put in at rogers point. going out of catoosa tward claremore on 66, its about 3 miles north of catoosa. you can also put in at port 33. between catoosa and inola. have any questions just pm me. hope this helps.

5. okiefishkiller

State:
    oklahoma
    Yea coyote just because I put a sign out by the curb outside the front of my house that says no parking within 50 feet does not give me the legal right to do so.

6. Kelmar

Kelmar New Member

State:
    Bixby, Oklahoma
    I have never had any encounters with anyone while cruiseing the port. Been all the way to the back a bunch of times.

Mark