pork rinds as catfish bait

Discussion in 'Homemade baits' started by bluefish1928, Jun 30, 2009.

1. bluefish1928

bluefish1928 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I have a jar of homemade pork rinds soaked in red food coloring and a super salty solution. i had the intention of using it for bass but i got like 35 strips in there(a lot more than i need). would this work for catfish? its basically pig fat salted and preserved with a red color(doesn't smell to me though).

2. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas

3. catfishinsc

catfishinsc New Member

State:
    SC
    I usually like to stick with fresh baits natural to the fish, but I'll try most any bait once. I usually have at least 2 or 3 different baits with me when I fish. Usually what I do (depending on the type of bait) is use 2 hooks on the same line, one with the bait I'm trying and one with a bait I know works, then see which one they like better. Sometimes one fish will have both hooks, sometimes I catch two fish at once, sometimes I find that a bait is no good, and sometimes I find a new go-to bait, but at least I know I've got at least one bait they'll eat and that line isn't just out there waiting for fish that won't eat what's on my hook.

Basically, you'll never know if it works unless you try, but don't only use that bait, and make sure you use something you know works so that if you don't get anything you'll know it's something other than your bait.

4. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    it may work id try it :wink:

5. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    try it let us know how you did

6. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd