Porcupine

Discussion in 'Small Game Hunting' started by randallewis, Aug 22, 2007.

1. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    WOW Looks like a problem to me. I feel the pain!!

2. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    OUCH!!!

Get that pup to a vet.... no way is he gonna stand still for a handpicking... they will have to put him under in order to pull that many...

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Had an aquantiance beg me to let him bring his pitbull with us coyote calling. first I called a mule deer doe ,Which said pit chased . Then a big male coyote was called and hung up at 300 yds I shot him but it didnt kill it instantly ,so he sicked the dog on it which got the asswhuupin of that pits life . then on the way back to the truck the dog growls at a sage brush and jumps in ....after the fight it looked almost as bad.Take it to a vet and have him do the dirty work .

4. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Dude that dogs got a problem!

5. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i have dealt with many a porcupine. around here, for our lack of trees we sure do have a lot of em. i usually come across them during quail season, when we are beating around the sage and deep grass. never met one a point blank load of #6 or 7 1/2 out of the 12 gauge wouldn't handle immediately. i have backed my german shorthair off quite a few, luckily he hasn't got to one yet. buddy of mine lost one that way a couple years ago, it had quills in its throat and died under anesthesia at the vet's. there's a lot of things out there that can get your dog that you don't think of til it happens.

how did that dog turn out, by the way?
    good, hopefully!

6. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Randall. I only saw one in my years in practice. A client brought
    it back from a trip to Wisconsin. A few quills in nose and muzzle. This particular dog you have shown obviously should have belonged to Michael Vick. With that dogs attitude (or lack of brains) he could have made Vick more money than playing football.

7. radish

radish Member

State:
    ms
    i am so glad we do not have thoes here. we have a lot of bad things but not thoes.