Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner

Pop up jug for catfishing

945 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  AwShucks 
#1 ·
has aney one made a pop up jug from the library and what did u use for the yougert cup and what is it for i am making one at the momentand i dont under stand what the yougert cup is for aney input is most apericeated

#2 ·
I'm afraid I don't understand your post at all. When you say 'popup jug', are you talking about a 'flagging' jug that stays in an upright position after a bite? If so, yogurt cups have nothing to do with them. If it's a question about something you read, you may want to copy it and paste it in a post.

G
#4 ·
I agree with jtrew. Sorry, but if you're wanting help, you might want to do the legwork yourself and copy/paste the other post or at the very least link to it. Don't seem right wanting everyone else to go hunt for this post you're asking about.

#8 ·
Ok, I looked at the post in the library, and it seems to be a method of solving the problem of when a big fish takes a jug underwater and holds it there. The 'popup' jug is a small jug that 'pops' to the surface in that situation, letting you locate your missing jug. Having watched a 65# blue get pulled repeatedly to the surface by a 2-liter soda jug, I don't really feel the need for such an addition to my jugs.

G
#9 ·
I've never jug fished, but I have to say in regard to making a "pop up", there has got to be a less complicated way of doing it IMHO. Why not just tie a 2nd jug to the first with some heavy line, say about 15' or so, wound around the first jug andwrap a loop towoards the end of the connection line into the wind around the first jug? That way, if the 1st jug gets pulled under, the loop gets pulled out from the wound line on it, freeing the 2nd jug to stay on the surface with an extra 15' of line.

#10 ·
Allen, perhaps it has to do with the laws of the states. I'm sure that in Oklahoma, two jugs tied together would count as two jugs, reducing the actual amount of jugs from 20 to 10. Whereas, the popup is probably considered to be one jug.

I don't know the answer to the question, as quite frankly, the post was just to complicated for my tired old mind to comprehend. I'll just keep on jugging my way and count my blessings when I retrieve all the jugs I put out. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.