Pop Pop has layed the smackdown once again 80 lbs !!!!

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by chrisblue, Nov 4, 2007.

1. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Can the man be stopped.He is a catfish catchin machine.

Him and Bruce was fishin in Bruces boat and me and a few other people where in mine on Lake X yesterday.Between two boats there was a little more than 500 lbs of fish caught and released.

The big fish of the day was excactly 80 lbs.It was 50 inches long with a 37 inch girth.A behammoth he was.I'll let Pop pop tell the story of the fight.There was a few more in the 30 to 40 lb range caught also in the other pictures.

Sorry about the background in the pictures, there was some obvious landmarks that had to be took out.Heres a photo of the beast and a photo of the release.The following photos will be some of the little ones.:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    Heres some more.

Attached Files:

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Congrats to Doug! You guys are killing me!

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    another successful gradute from C.S.U.C....Chris Simpson University of Catfishing...man that is just a freakin monster!!!!!...a fish of a life time right there...simply amazing...y'all had one h*ll of a day!!!:big_smile:

5. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    what a hawg!! way to go!!

6. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    WOW!!! Doug, that is amazing!! Talk about lucky, next time I go fishing I will leave Randy at home and take you, LOL! Really nice fish, and congratulations.

7. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Well what can I say - I'm a lucky, lucky man.:big_smile: Bruce and I always play what you might call batter's up. I told Bruce when we first cast out our rods, he had the first big fish if there were any. That meant I get the next big fish. About noon Bruce landed a 27 LB.Blue. He was holding the fish and I was getting the camera. All of a sudden a rod slammed down! Bruce yelled DOUG, and I grabbed the rod. It didn't take but a few seconds to know something real big was on the other end. After about 10 minutes, the fish surfaced and we couldn't believe it! It wouldn't fit in the net. It dove down and took 80FT of drag line. Yes, that's what the line counter said. 5 mins later he surfaced again and Bruce grabbed him with his hands in one gill plate and the other hand in the mouth. Holding the rod in my left hand, I reached down and grabbed his mouth with my right. We pulled him in and the SMACK DOWN PARTY WAS ON! . Me, Bruce and Chris, all weighed the CAT - 80 lbs. WOW!!! Bruce ended up catching a 22, 25, 27 and 34 lb blue. I had a 15, 16, 27 and 80!!! Wow, what a day. I have my buddies Bruce and Chris to thank for my recent run of luck! Thanks Guys!

By the way, we're gonna buy a bigger net, just in case lightening strikes again!:smile2:

8. Beaufort

Beaufort Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    Man u on a roll keep it up good fish and trip

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations on the 80 lb. HAWG:eek:oooh:!!!!! Not a bad bunch of piglets either:smile2:. I don't know where lake X is but it's a pretty good sized lake going by the pictures. Thanks to both of you for sharing the story and the pics:cool2:.

10. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    :wink:What an awesome day on the water and some tremendous fish!! Congrats to all involved in that outing!!

11. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Way to go, guys - what an incredible day of fishin!!! And congratulations Doug, that's truly a catch of a lifetime :smile2:

12. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    thats a hell of a good catch guys,congrats Doug on the hawg,thats a wonderful day on Lake X,she is really showing what she has to offer,I swear that spot looks awful familiar though,i think I have been close once or twice in my lifetime:confuse:

13. Big Cat Hunter

Big Cat Hunter Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Great job guys. You all deserve a round of applause!!!! Doug from now own I am not going fishing with out you in my boat. My luck has worn off and I need someone to fish with my rods for a while. Maybe this will refresh their luck. Now we all know its not luck it is skill and creole crickets.:smile2::smile2::smile2: All jokes aside that is one monster fish and one heck of a day. Congrats to Doug, Bruce, and Chris on a great day.

14. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Excellent catch! That's what I call a REAL Hawg!!! Thanks for the pcis!

15. jcgotfish

jcgotfish New Member

State:
    virginia
    yup that's a hog alright congrats man. i hope to break the 60 mark some day my biggest so far is 54 lb. i'll keep trying. gl to ya.

16. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    That is an awsome fish pop pop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yall keep up the good fishing reports and great post. Congrats and glad to see you released him.

17. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    congrats on the nice fish thanks for sharing the pics an story

18. Shrimp Man

Shrimp Man New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Doug,
    I know you pulled a Jimmy Houston and gave that baby a big fat kiss. That will be a PB that will be hard to beat. Congratulations.

19. chrisblue

chrisblue New Member

State:
    SC
    I bet you think its Monticello dont you? Wrong!!:smile2: The lake name dont even start with a M.Lets put it this way its a newly found lake thats not known for big catfish but is well known for other species.Its got alot of trees in it and its not in the middle of the state.

Heres some other species that roam Lake X, its not just blues.

Attached Files:

20. Cat Lady

Cat Lady New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    A heck of a good catch to me! Monticello? Where is that at? Trees and all the other fixings, can't imagine. I bet all those trees and stumps are no where to be found when you are trying to anchor? :smile2: I am not familiar with Lake X, any info would be appreciated............just PM Big Cat Hunter, Thanks