pop-bottle bobber

Discussion in 'Misc Fishing Tackle Talk' started by shaky, Nov 30, 2009.

1. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    Had a thought. Has any one ever used pop or coke bottle as a bobber? Kind like jug fishin with your rod and reel attached.

2. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    i have done it a few times .. put a glow stick in it and your good at night to... but as cheap as the catbobbers are from wild wolf product thats the way i go now!!!

3. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    thanks man, Im gonna start savin a few bottles, i got some ideas.

4. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I made one for a friend out of a water bottle and put two glow sticks inside. I had a Fat Cat Bobber from Wild wolf. My hook up ratio this year with a KB is over 95%. His ratio wasnt so good. You can catch em that way, but the resistance of the FKB going under is almost a sure set. The water bottle going under water, I think is to easy. Anyways im with Adam about this. Good luck on whatever you use.

5. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Just runn a snap swivel under the ring under the cap put the cap back on runna bobber stop and a a bead on the line then the snap swivle eye. then set depth and use enough weight to pull it down. I use 16 ounce and 1 liter soda bottles. I use this rig for extream fishin with large live baits or cut baits below dams where a back wash will carry it to the dam. I have alos0 used em for walken baits over nasty rip rap bottoms ect where I know the mean water depth.

6. Jeremy Sheffey

Jeremy Sheffey New Member

State:
    Columbus, Ohio
    i was thinking of using a gator aid bottle the other day when fishing a pier in south florida. i didnt have any cat bobbers, and i could see the fish, so next time i will do that for sure...

7. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i have done it a good bit :eek:oooh:

8. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i use 55 gallon drums and crappie minnows..couple split shots and your ready to go

9. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    A tip for Jeffro. Take time to weld the 55 gal drum lid on, you don't want it to leak when those minnows pull it under. I agree with the use of the Kat Bobbers. Its hard to improve on perfection.

10. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    the green mountain dew bottles work best with the glow sticks the green glows better than the clear ones

11. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I saw a thread on here, where a guy drilled a hole in the cap, put the swivel end of a snap swivel in there, then put a nail thru the end, he put some hot glue on it to seal the hole and used it on a coke bottle. I made one up, the best part is that them bottle caps are the same size but can be used on different size bottles. Works good with water bottles too. I reckon them different colored bottles would show up good at night.