Poor Thang:... :-(

Discussion in 'The BOC's Animal House' started by kat in the hat, Dec 30, 2009.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Man it's gettin' a bit nippy outside. :sad2: That is why I'ma remind everybody to bring your dogs inside...or at least make sure he/she has a warm place to get out of the wind, water to drink that's not frozen, and food in the bowl. Just sayin'...alot of dogs die in the winter. I've always kept my dogs indoors, but I know not everybody can do that...or have too many dogs...or their dogs are perfectly happy outdoors...or whatever. My neighbor 2 houses over has 2 pitbulls, and they are outside 100% of the time from what I can tell. Pits don't grow a winter coat, and I feel sorry for them. :sad2:

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Poor dogs. That would be a hard way to go, freezing in the cold. Believe mine are in.

3. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i have 4 pitbulls & a feist outside.they do good,i keep cedar chips in their houses,and on the rare occasions that it gets extremely cold i have heat lamps i can turn on in the houses.

4. team360xtreme

team360xtreme New Member

State:
    texas
  5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Good post Kat. I often hear people say that animals are use to the cold and are built to handle it. I'm not convinced.

6. catwhisper

catwhisper New Member

State:
    georgia
    i have a long hair lab and when it gets below freezing i bring him in. aint taking any chances