Poor Man's Rod Holders

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Holder Review' started by neocats, May 5, 2007.

1. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Fancy? No. Effective? Absolutely. These are cheap and easy to make. They are made out of pvc, and in case I'm in a place with hard, rocky ground, I have some made out of galvanized pipe.

2. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Here's the pics.

Attached Files:

3. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Very nice! I like those! Are those 2" pvc? I have about 6' of scrap 2" pvc at home that I could make some rod holders just like those. Thanks

4. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    Yeah 1 1/2" or 2" whatever works best for your rods.

5. daniel-delarosa

daniel-delarosa New Member

State:
    seminole, oklahoma
    I like those, I have to get some PVC now, thanks for the idea.

6. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    yeah, 2" works perfect for me. I bought one of those "old man" carts for putting my fishing stuff in while I'm walking to my fishing spot and I secured some 2" pvc to the cart using some hose clamps. Now I can just slide my rods into the holders and roll all of my fishing stuff to the lake.

7. GrandpaGoneFishing

GrandpaGoneFishing Well-Known Member

State:
    Linn Valley, Ks
  8. whiskers77

whiskers77 New Member

State:
    Southern California
    Yes, especialy when it comes to fishing, just take a look in the library for the endless uses of PVC. Good stuff!

9. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    Jeff you may beleave it but I started using rod holders like that about 17 years ago but I wasn't making them from PVC but old aluminum vacuum cleaner hose sections.I would stick one in the sand and stomp it in with my foot and since the sections were so short I would pull it out of the damp sand knock the sand out of it and put it back in the hole.They made the best rod holders I ever used cause the bank or sand bar was holding my rods and a rod could not fall over nor could a big fish pull it out of the holder.

P.S. I lost all of the sections and as I upgreaded rods the handles got larger and I had to start using 11/2 PVC

10. CantFish86

CantFish86 New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Thanks so much for that I forgot to thanks you made mine awhile back and works great

11. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Been using holders like that since before PVC became popular. Obviously, before PVC, we used metal tubing. Can't be beat for fishing from a beach or sandbar.

12. Silverback

Silverback New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Looks like a good setup, I might have some left over PVC laying around that would work real well for that.:cool2:

13. Fishin'_Fool

Fishin'_Fool New Member

State:
    Moberly MO
  14. catfisherman369

catfisherman369 Floyd

State:
    Nashville Il.
    I use same thing when fishing in rocks , I move some rocks put the holder in the spot i moved them then pack rocks around them works pretty good when you have alot of big rocks at the bank .