Pool 6

Discussion in 'ARKANSAS RIVERS TALK' started by sgpettit, Nov 5, 2007.

1. sgpettit

sgpettit New Member

State:
    AR
    Where is pool 6 on the Arkansas? I have read that it is the best pool for big cats. Is it between Murray and Willow Beach?

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I fish the stretch of water from Piney to Dardanelle dam, I am retaliative new to Arkansas and still learning the rivers and lakes.

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Stephen - Pool 6 is the stretch of River between Murray Lock and dam(#7) and David D Terry lock and Dam (#6). Willow Beach is in pool #6 . Below you will find the link to the Navigation charts that shows all the Dams and pools on the Arkansas River.

http://www.swt.usace.army.mil/navigation/NavCharts.cfm

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Stephen, I live in SW Little Rock, so pool 6 is the most convenient for me to fish. I've fished pools 7 & 8 quite a bit, and I think that they are much better than pool 6; pool 9 (Lake Dardanelle) is also better. I've been living in the LR area since 1990, and pool 6 has just never shown me that much. Occasionally, someone catches or snags a decent cat below Murray L&D, but nothing like the number of big ones they get below Dardanelle. I've heard stories about pool 5 being good, but I've only fished it a couple of times, and didn't have that much luck. Still, I've never given it a real hard test.

5. Steve W

Steve W New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I've been fishin the pool between dam #4 and #5. I not sure what pool that makes it, but the fishing is slow when they are not releasing any water.
    Cold months are my best time of the year. Also "hey Top and fella's" I've been out of the net for a minute, workin etc. I hope to hit'em hard this winter.

6. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    The pool above the dam is the same # as the dam that creates it. So, the pool above dam #4 would be pool #4.