pony pasture flathead report 10-6-08

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by richmondherperman, Oct 6, 2008.

1. richmondherperman

richmondherperman New Member

State:
    va
    The water seems to be down and vary clear it is starting to cool down but it is still plenty warm to wade or even swim.The main of the fallen trees have bin washed down streem and it is vary hard to find a place to fish most of the river is much shallower then normal so your best bet will be above the z dam or at night of the banks of williams island.The normal fishing area where the brake in the rapids is is mostly flats of hydrella you are going to want to cast from the rocks up stream in the middle at night go at 6pm and look for spots below the rocks then set up on the rocks will be your best bet.There seems to plenty of good spots up river try wetlands at night.

2. KatKatchenKrew

KatKatchenKrew New Member

State:
    Virginia
    yeh the weeds have grown up to much to hawg in many cats but i still have my spots and managed to haul in a good 28.5 pounder a couple o weeks ago

3. richmondherperman

State:
    va
    Yaeh i have bin having really bad luck latey.

4. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the tip brother!

5. richmondherperman

State:
    va
    Do you guys know the water temp i want to try one more time b4 the water gets to cold. At wetlands park do you guys know what bait at night for the flatheads i fished for small and large mouth bass in the past there and one day n the creek saw a monster '4 to '5 foot flathead i ran to get my crack bait and he was gone WOW!

6. kayaker

kayaker New Member

Hi Rherperman
    Did ya catch anything off the City Point shoreline the other day after I left.
    Conditions weren't faverable at all.Tide was low and the wind was high churning the water and making mud in the shallows.
    Hope you didnt forget your sun glasses on the picnic table.
    Registered on here Tue. nightt but had problems loging on till now.
    Tight lines!
    James River Kayaker!

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome Kayaker to the board! Lots of good folks here.

8. richmondherperman

State:
    va

Not a bite i left soon after grr. I will be going flathead fishing sat night.

9. kayaker

kayaker New Member

Thanx for the welcome Paraquayguy!

Well I didnt get a bite for the whole 5hrs iwas there Richmondherperman!