Pony Express

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by nkccatman, Apr 17, 2007.

1. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    Im going to give it a try this weekend, just wondering if anybody else has fished there yet this year.I usally do pretty good there and have caught alot of 5 to 10 lbers there!I have heard there have been a few blues in the 30 lb range caught there!Anybody else ever had any luck fishing this lake!!

2. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The fishing in the lake use to be way way better then what it is today. The fishing went down hill fast after the geese trashed all the aquatic vegetation during a drought year. Now no vegetation hardly grows in the lake.

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    :0a25: :0a25: :0a23: Wade Welcome to the BOC.You have found the best catfishing site on the web. Be sure and check out the library for more info. Glad to have you aboard.:lol:

4. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Haven't made it yet this year...nice place for me to take the family,and a good variety of fish to choose from....bass turny last week had an 8# big fish

5. ozzyso44

ozzyso44 New Member

State:
    Smithville, Missouri
    I used to like the lake a whole lot better than now. I used to be able to take shrimp and cast off the fishing pier next to the handicapped dock by the fish cleaning station and just kill them. I have to work a whole lot harder now, but it is still a magical place that you can love. That's why they call it fishing and not 'catching'.

6. nkccatman

nkccatman New Member

State:
    mo
    I had a good night there friday,caught 6 that were all between 5 and 10 pounds!Caught them all in 2 to 3 feet of water on goldfish and bluegills!They were biting very agressevly and actually boiling they water as they chased the baitfish!I think im going to go back this weekend and try it again!