Pony Express Lake

Discussion in 'MISSOURI LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by Mo.Hick, May 22, 2008.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Does anyone fish Pony Express for cats? Is the lake any good for cats? I know that they have a camp ground near there. Is it a good camp ground? Do they have any hook-up? I know it is a lot of questions but would like to know before I drive up there. It is about 70 miles from the house.

Tom

2. love2catfish

love2catfish New Member

State:
    Northwest Missouri
    I've fished Pony Express several times. I live about 20 minutes from the lake. It's a decent lake for channel cats. I've haven't had much luck with large fish, although it's reported by MDC that they are present. I did luck into a 40" muskie fishing with a spinnerbait a few years back.

I'm betting Pony will have a light load of people this weekend compared to other lakes. Cameron, the city just to the east of the lake, has been in the news lately. A report surfaced this week on a local news channel (www.kmbc.com) about a high number of people with brain tumors from the town. The EPA has been testing area lakes (local water supply), as well as the air and soil to determine the source. Everyone around here is staying away.

Come fish, but bring your own bottles of water. Good luck.

3. Quackheadjh

Quackheadjh New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have not personally fished there, but a guy I work with fishes it alot. He says that there is alot of 3 to 10 pounders in the lake and a 20+ isnt out of the question. As far as campsites go call the St. Joe MDC office they will able to answer all of your questions

4. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks guys I appreciate the info.

Tom