Pontoons & Fish Finders

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by JDWILLIS39, Jan 18, 2008.

1. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Is there any point in having second depth finder on pontoon boat. I have wound up with a fairly nice second one and am wondering it anyone mounts one on front of pontoon (if so how and where do you put transducer). What are advantages and disadvantages.
    Thanks for feedback:roll_eyes:

2. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    How have you been JD?
    I can't say for a pontoon but we have one on out deck boat (pretty much the same thing) I mount the transducer tot eh trolling motor. I have used it while crappie fishing and setting an anchor at a certain point. The difference from the front to the back of the boat can vary greatly. Might just be me but I like having it as an option. The only down side would be the cost of an extra finder, at least in my eyes.:big_smile:

Thanks
    David

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    two is always better than one

4. Webfoot

Webfoot New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Good question JD, now you have me thinking. I would love to have one mounted on the bow. My pontoon is set up with the TM in the front and I do not have an autopilot on it so while drifting who ever is in the back has to watch the fishfinder. Would be handy to be able to monitor the bottom and control the boat at the same time. Now if I can come up with justification, maybe ! ! !