Pontoon Time

Discussion in 'Catawba Catfish Club' started by gotta go, Aug 8, 2009.

1. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Picked my new boat up in Tennesee yesterday eve and didn't get home till 1:00am. Liked it so much i been riding around and ain't had a chance to rip the couches out add rod holders:smile2: (well it ain't new but its new to me) Its so long that when i got into S.C. the rear of the boat was still in Tenn.(jk):tounge_out: I do see why folks like these boats, plenty of room and when my wife finally lets me drive it i'm going to see what its got.:confused2: Blame thing has 2 tops so i got plenty of shade. I hope she lets me use it tournament time:wink:

2. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Congrats on the new boat. Go ahead and set that puppy up for tournaments. You can't beat a pontoon for tournament fishing, they just have so much room. My wife wants one some day, but I told her if we get one I am going to use it for fishing. She says ok but you know how that goes.

3. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats Dean on the new Tourney ride.:wink: All it needs is some slime to break it in right.

4. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    spent many days and nights runnin around lake murray on a pontoon. u just cant beat it, like fishin from a cadi. one can get spoiled, spent many nights on the water. just anchored, slept, up at dawn, make some coffee, right back to fishin.

5. Swampfox.

Swampfox. New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    found a photo of that boat on that lake. this was a trip with my little brother bobby.

Attached Files:

6. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Glad to hear you got a boat Dean. It's always new to the buyer. Hope you get the full enjoyment out of it!

Now you can get to some of them spot that can't be reached from the banks. Might even get to take some friends an family along!

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks guys. Wife said the seats had to stay and even a few of them are off limits to me (for her things, paper towels, food, tolit paper, spoons,cd's, vacume cleaner, port-pot, shower, etc......) my goodness, aint no room to put anything else:smile2:
    I did notice the seats bases are plastic and some may be large enough to make a big cat live well. When she gets tired of the boat i can make a live well out of all of them:smile2:
    It looks like a good Santee boat but i probably use my same old tub for running up and down the road, but..............when the wife gets tired of the pontoon i will have pontoon furniture for sale.:wink:
    Roundhill might need some for that big boat he's got (if the truth be known i bet a lot of furniture is laying in the bottom of Santee)

8. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Congrats on the new ride Dean.It will spoil ya in a hurry catfishing,You may not get there the fastest but once you get there you will be way more comfy than most.I only left that one section of seat in mine,its big enough for 2 people to sit on,i took the rest out and stored in my building.Just leave her a few good coats of that sticky catfish slime on the seats and some scales and blood and guts and she want wanna be sitting on em much longer.A fold out Lawn Chair is more comfortable anyway.
    Pull that ride up to Wylie on the 29th and fish your 1st tourney on it:wink:

9. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Awesome Dean-now you will be much easier to follow & find on the lake!:wink::smile2::eek:oooh:

10. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Yea but it might be harder for me to follow you guys. Ya the ones catching fish right now:smile2:
    Thanks Marty for the suggestion:wink:, I'll even leave a few dead shad under the seats for a few days.
    I got to find me some rod holders, are at least the mounts. I have so many rod holders now, i guess i can use the extra's off the other boat. I just wanted to get some of those fancy jobs i see on the BOC, the kind with a little angle on em. Be easier to see with the rod kind of sticking up a little. The way it is now i have to wait till the boat starts shaking and then turn on the flashlight to see which rod it is.:smile2:
    I'll put some pic's on here as soon as i find my blame camera:angry:

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  11. Johnny B

Johnny B New Member

State:
    illinois
    congrats on the poontoon...thats what I call em. they are very versatile and fun. I don't know if I would buy a john boat or a pontoon when I go to buy one. The john boat can go just about anywhere but then again the pontoon is where the fun is!:big_smile:

12. cattastrophe

cattastrophe New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    How long is it ? What size motor is on it? What color is it? come on give us some details about. PS I like the plastic seats they last a long time.

13. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Russell, its 24ft with a 90 Mercury (2 smoke) The color is Green :smile2: Wife had to have one that matched the camper (i still would had got it if it had been pink, it just so happen to be green and that was a plus for the seller) Green, hey, Marty's toon is green.:confused2::smile2:
    I will put some pic's up soon as i find where the kids put my camera, if i don't soon find it ya might here about me in the paper.:angry:
    At high speed it seems to pull to the right, can you adjust that skeg thingey to control that??????

High SPEED :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  14. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    well here is a few pic's i took. My camera was in my truck, and i done looked in it more than i want to say. Its amazing how things start showing up when you pull out the gun:smile2: jk

Attached Files:

15. DamonG

DamonG Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That is one nice pontoon you got there Dean.

16. screamnclickersc

screamnclickersc New Member

State:
    S.C.
    Dang! thats a nice one!

17. fatboy2006

fatboy2006 New Member

State:
    nc
    Hey this is fatboy from nc. Those boats are the best to fish out of.I 've had mine for 3 years and its the boat for a family or a few catfisherman.

18. Pip

Pip New Member

State:
    pa
    I'm jealous. Those toons sure do make things nice for those long catfishing trips on the water. I can't figure out where your gonna put the rod holders at with all that furniture. LOL! But looks like it is in good shape from the pictures, hope you have many enjoyable trips out on it! Well done!!

19. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks again guys. I had one yrs ago. When i went fishn, brother i went. I would stay for days. I had a 20ft pontoon that was more open than this one. The guy i got it from was a striper fisherman and he had already took most of the seats out but had left a couch in the very back. After a yr or so jumping up on that couch grabbing a rod (in the cold months, ice on the seats) The seats started cracking on those cold mornings, to the point that they became an eye sore. I took it out and put in fishn seats. Right now i guess this one will have to stay more un-fishworthy, but over time it will turn into a fishn boat. I don't like the sunbed on the back (can't put any rod holders back there) sooner or later it will blow off but in the mean time i'll put a few rod holders on the front and side. Most of my fishn is drifting and if i need to anchor in a swift current i will have to take my other boat. I'm going out there this morning and put some holders on the front so i will have somewhere to put my rods. There is a place under the sunbed to put about 6 but i need somewhere to put the other 8 or so. :smile2: The wife said i had to put something down to keep the slime off the boat:eek:oooh::crazy: so i figure after a good night catfishn, i'll have to take the other boat anyway:angry: Good thing i quit drinking.
    A guide on Santee once told me you needed at least a 24ft pontoon on the rough waters at Santee. Well i have fished there in many different boats but in this case bigger is better. This boat just cuts thru the waves like a knife and is so stable on the water. I'm affraid i'm going to turn into a wuss:smile2::smile2:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  20. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Good looking ride Dean,that will make a heck of a Cat Machine when you get it finished.You ought to go ahead and trade out motors with me though,I let ya hold my 60hp Mercury Bigfoot for that 90 Mercury you got,you dont need all that motor for a Family Ride:smile2:,I might even throw in a few Driftmasters too:big_smile: