Pontoon project

Discussion in 'Boating' started by jerry9497, Oct 31, 2006.

1. jerry9497

jerry9497 New Member

State:
    Tobaccoville NC
    I have a pontoon project boat. I want to put a wash down pump and livewell on it. does anyone know what to use for water pickup? I've seen stuff for boats but not really ideal for pontoons. This is the place to come for answers so tell me what you think BOC. Pontoon is a Party Barge. thanks, Jerry

2. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I've seen people mount a small bilge pump to the back of the pontoon. From it you simple run a pipe wherever you want the water to go (sink, live well).
    You can wire it to a simple on off toggle switch on your console. Hope this helps.

3. Broke Tip Fishing

Broke Tip Fishing New Member

State:
    Tennessee/ Nashville
    Hey Jerry,
    I am also working on a pontoon. I bought a 28ft that i am setting up for fishing. I took all the seats out except for the rear bench. That gives us room to move around and set out 10 or 15 poles. Maybe we can trade some ideas.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Thats what I did.. plumbed it with 1/2 pvc. The well is within 10 feet of the pump and gives a nice strong spray. I tink it is a 750 gph.

5. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    mine had a flip flop seat that doubled as a live well i took it off and now use the pump with a hose on it to wash things off or fill a cooler with water or whatever i need water for. i have put it back on twice thinking i want a live well but always seem to be in the way.