Pontoon guide-ons

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by cliff n york, Jun 10, 2007.

1. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    i was at lake wylie and saw a man struggling with loading his toon. do they make outside guide-ons for pontoons,looked like this would have helped.

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I thought the very nature of a pontoon trailer used the pontoons as guides. If thats the case, this guy just wanted to make loading the boat more of a chore than it usually is... unless he was trying to load it on a flatbed trailer, like a car hauler. LOL

3. catstalker459

catstalker459 New Member

State:
    state line city, indiana
    my dad made some with steel pipe . welded them to his frame and then inserted pvc 3in plastic over them and painted them bright orange . helped a ton, especially in low lit situations :)

4. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    They can be a bear to load sometimes but to answer your question yes they do make guieds for pontoons. I have outside ones and inside one a little father inside then the outside ones.
    The back ones are stationed so If I hit it and a little angle it will set it on a straight course and the inside one are unesseary but help me with piece of mind.

5. cliff n york

cliff n york New Member

State:
    south carolina
    as for my self i though he was working to hard at loading his pontoon

6. catsmith1

catsmith1 New Member

State:
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Mine has rails on the inside. I have not even put mine in the water yet though so I make look like him for a while.

7. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Robert I found the trick to loading is how deep the trailer is in the water. I tried mine 3 or 4 different stages before I found the sweet spot.:embarassed:

8. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    It can be a chore esp. if the wind is blowing sideways to the boat.