Pontoon cover question

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by dumpysinclair, Nov 4, 2007.

1. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    Folks,

This isn't exactly a catfishin' question so please don't kick me out of the BOC:smile2:. This is first winter we've had our ol pontoon (20 ft. Sweetwater) and we want to take care of it. We bought tarps at Wal-Mart for our old boat, and they didn't last long and neither did the boat seats and floor. I want to see what any of you recommend about a cover. I see some polyester covers online for around $350.00 and there's a guy (Chapman) someone recommended to me who makes custom snap covers (but I'm not sure how much yet). We just don't want to pay for a custom job when there's something out there that will do a good job and last a long time. I live in Rock Hill and my dad is in Union. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    I bought me a real good tarp 12 foot by 30 foot and that is what I use. The snap on covers work real well but I didn't want to shell out that kind od money either so I went with the gray tarp with the renforced eyelets.and corners. Tarp it down real tight and it will protect it all winter. You need to make you a center support out of pvc pipe so it will form a tent like shape from the front to the back.

3. droptine77

droptine77 New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    My Pa-In-Law gets his tarps from the Jockey lot. They seem to last him for couple of years. Alot more affordable than canvas. Other than a tarp I don't think there is an affordable alternative. Good luck.

4. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    I just got a new sweet water it came with really nice cover that snaps in place and has support poles down center that are vented. Seems to work really well. Don't know price for it alone.

5. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    John those snap on covers like you have are about 450 a pop.

6. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    Here is picture of boat with cover on hope this helps you.

7. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    sorry can't upload the picture

8. JDWILLIS39

JDWILLIS39 New Member

State:
    NC
    See it it works this time

Attached Files:

9. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Looks good john and I sure would love to have a cutom fit coaver like that but momma says nope money you ain't getting.:smile2:

10. stinkbaitguy

stinkbaitguy New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Hay Scott, go to the army surplus store and pick up a tent canopy.Works great and it already has a center hole to put a brace for the rain to run off.:cool2:

11. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD New Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
  12. dumpysinclair

dumpysinclair New Member

State:
    SC
    Thanks guys and I appreciate all the good options. Keep 'em coming! I'm gonna show these to my dad this wknd.