Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
81 - 100 of 140 Posts

Premium Member
The electrical can certainly be a pain. Bad connections and getting new wires routed from one place to another can make it tough.

Must have been checking ohms on a hot line. If it was a good meter, it might have a fuse inside.

tight lines

Registered
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
I ended up finding one major problem. The gas guage had 12 volts to it to light the light bulb activated by the guade switch. It also had 12 volts going to it from the ignition. Not sure how I fried the meter, but it had fuses, and they didn't blow. It just doesn't measure correct voltage, everything else still seems to work.

Registered
Justin from Utah
Heath I agree and should of spoke up that Pics along the way would be cool I've followed this along the way and find it interesting. I don't have mechanical skills but I can admire those that do. So keep up the great work and keep the progress coming you have some followers lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Ok guys, learn from me, BE CAREFUL! I just doubled the cost of the boat build, one oral surgery down, and will have to get more work done. I went out to do the floor today. After the floor is done, I wanted the boat in the boat barn. To accomplish that, I had to take down a rolling garage door. Morning went great, got final prep on the floor done, so started work on the door. Was going to prime, and then work on the door while the primer dried. Long story short, I caught a door spring bracket in the face. Have lost one tooth and we are hoping that we can save 2 others. I have stitches in my lip and look like i was in a whale of a fight. Be careful. The priner now gets plenty of time to dry.

Premium Member
Dang it, accidents happen fast. To insure no child got trapped in an old latching door chest freezer I decided to remove the lid until the scrapper could come pick it up. The hinges were spring loaded to assist in opening the lid when I pulled the last screw out the hinge sprung open busting my lips and breaking my nose. Hope you can save the other two, I just had to have a lower jaw tooth pulled and I miss it. Good Luck and speedy recovery.

Premium Member
Man, you guys have a lot of trouble with springs. Hope you get better quick Heath. Those spring loaded doors can hit hard.

you guys also need to use pencils from here on out. A lot of pens have springs in them too.

Premium Member
you guys also need to use pencils from here on out. A lot of pens have springs in them too.
My incident was about 35 years ago and I learned from it, do not have your face in front of anything under pressure if you are going to release whatever is holding the pressure, I hold ink pens at arms length when I work the clicker. LOL.

Premium Member
I didn't notice any problem when I had mine.

Looking good Heath. I may try that Tuff Coat on a project of mine. Let me know if it seems worth it to you.

Premium Member
Eric from Indianapolis
Floor looks great Heath! I did a rhino type floor in my old bass tracker. One thing I did was sprinkle some fine sand on the coating while it was still wet to improve traction. I probably should have mentioned that sooner...

Premium Member
Shouldn't need that with the Tuff Coat floor. It has a good amount of ground rubber in it so if stirred sufficiently it should allow for a good gripping surface. Now I learned this from all the experience a couple of youtube videos provided so would be hoping to get a report from some actual usage from Heath.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
It is really coming together. If the rivet nut gun would not have broken, all the alumaboard would be on. I already know I need more rod-holder bases.

I'm having a devil of a time, trying to prop it. If the engine is mounted to high, does that cause the prop to break free, eve. If trimmed all the way down?

If a lower unit is blown, will it freewheel at high speed but run at mid throttle?

I have too many variables, and can't find a place to let me try props to figure it out, oh yea, and I can't trust my RPM guage either.

???

Premium Member
Heath I think it would grab air of to is mounted too high. As the toon picks up speed, it would lift up some and might get air in the prop. Do you have the ability to lower it a little? 90s are not light. I would try that before I went for a different prop.

81 - 100 of 140 Posts