Ponds?

Discussion in 'LOCAL ILLINOIS TALK' started by RiverKid, Mar 20, 2009.

1. RiverKid

RiverKid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Let me start off by saying I'm respectful, all my fishing holes look the same(and some better)then the first day that I seen them myself. Only thing getting left behind is the dirt from the nightcrawlers. Also I practice CPR, and only take fish from the river.
    Now to my question. I've been trying out fishing ponds with a buddy, but am limited on places. I was wondering if anyone in the Springfield area knows of or maybe has a pond they'ed allow me to fish. Maybe, farm ponds that nobody fished since they were children. I prefer cats, while my buddy likes bass. Thanks for your help in the search for the big one.

Chris,

2. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Can't help ya on that one Chris, but Welcome to the BOC. Springfield area, hmmmm, you fish Sangchris any? Even Lake Springfield has some great cat fishing in it. Or the Sang river, I know there are a few members in the more immediate Springfield area that may be able to help ya...... good luck on locating a pond or two....

3. RiverKid

RiverKid New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Yea I fished both actually. Sangcris every sunday with my uncle during the summer. I firgured many people wouldnt be fond of allowing a 23 year old even on their property. But as I said I have respect for everyones stuff. I also do not drink and will give help to any who ask. So if you read this please think about it. It'll mean alot, thanks again.

4. tunnel hull

tunnel hull New Member

State:
    SO.il.
    welcome to the BOC. every body loking for a honey hole ... and I hope u find one .

5. jeremydouin

jeremydouin New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I've lived in Chatham all my life and have done quite a bit of catfishing around Springfield. In my opinion, you'll have better luck for channel cat in Lake Springfield from the bank than you will in a pond around here. As far as Lake Sangchris goes, I've caught quite a few big flatheads from the bank there on live bluegill, and if you put in your time, you will too.