Pond Observation

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by Buff Place, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Buff Place

Buff Place Member

State:
    Mulvane, Kansas
    My pond when from muddy water to clear in 72 hours, telling me this cold snap has my CC laying low and dormant. I hope we get a break and see some warmer day’s this fall, need to remove a few more big CC this season.

2. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC Jim. Fed mine yesterday and they were not near as active as normal. They be layin on the bottom.

3. Buff Place

Buff Place Member

State:
    Mulvane, Kansas
    I was hoping for an Indian Summer, but the “experts” say, it’s not looking like that's going to happen. how deep is your pond/lake?

4. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    About 16' at the dam.

5. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    It definately feels like winter outside. Supposed to have a few decent days this coming week. I hope.:cross:
    If you need any help removing them, let me know.:wink::smile2:

6. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I'm sure I could sacrifice a little time to help a brother out too. :wink::smile2:

After my pond dried up a couple of years ago, its been really weed infested. I made the mistake of trying to kill it all off at once, and killed all of my fish.... AGAIN. I think I'll concentrate on raising bait.

7. Buff Place

Buff Place Member

State:
    Mulvane, Kansas
    Kyle and Ray,
    Come on down!!! This coming weekend looks good, if we get some sunshine and calm winds…them cats should perk up.

8. stubhub

stubhub New Member

State:
    mulvane
    i'll come anytime, i'm only 5 min away down here in mulvane, i just need the details

9. Buff Place

Buff Place Member

State:
    Mulvane, Kansas
    Check your mail.
    Jim

10. Buff Place

Buff Place Member

State:
    Mulvane, Kansas
    Ray,
    If your serious about raising some bait, we need to talk sometime. Been thinking about doing the same thing this coming spring for my CC, LMB and BG.

11. Backlashed

Backlashed New Member

State:
    Derby, Kansas
    I threw a few more Black Perch in a couple of weeks ago. I want to see if they survive the winter before I start stocking it. I figure Perch, and Bullhead are prolific enough it wont take very many, or very long to supply my needs. I may throw a few Goldfish in too, but I want to talk to someone that knows something about it before I get carried away putting any thing in.