Pond fishing

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by trackerpro17, Apr 28, 2009.

1. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc
    Fished a pond today not far from the house caught to carp a 11.7 lb and a 12.5lb then the turtles moved in caught 4. one was 30lb 17lb 12.3lb and a 10.5lb.

Attached Files:

2. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Sounds like fun catching those turtles. Man! That some big ones. Never tried eating turtle, but I've heard it's really good! Thanks for the pic Tracy. Great job!! Also heard carp is great eating too when prepared right.

3. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My buddy has a pond up here in Tennessee full of turtles..Especially snapping turtles..They are very good eating and in Louisiana where I'm from they are a delicacy..I hate to clean them but love a good turtle stew..I always tell my buddy if I could get a couple of my coonass buddies up here they would gladly eradicate them snappers for him..:smile2:LOL....

4. stoney53

stoney53 Well-Known Member

State:
    PA
    caught alot of turtles over the years but nothing that big thanks for the pictures

5. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Great report Tracy. Carp can put up a fight. What kind of fight does turtles have?

6. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What kind of fight does turtles have?

Think of the hardest pulling big fish you have ever caught.

Then kill it and reel it in, with it occasionally getting hung on bottom. Turtles are terrible since of course they are not the best swimmers and they can only grasp the bottom to slow your retrieval.

7. trackerpro17

trackerpro17 New Member

State:
    Nc

Just alot of dead weight.

8. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I love turtle soup.If I lived around you,you wouldn,t have a turtle problem very long.:smile2::eek:oooh::smile2::eek:oooh: